• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Tour de France, Info & Discussion

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

blaxland said:
Alexandre B. said:
Orica GreenEDGE

Michael Albasini (SWI)
Luke Durbridge (AUS)
Simon Gerrans (AUS)
Mathew Hayman (AUS)
Daryl Impey (RSA)
Christopher Juul Jensen (DEN)
Michael Matthews (AUS)
Rubén Plaza (ESP)
Adam Yates (GBR)
When will Orica/greenedge learn you cant have both Mathews and Gerrans in the same team.these guys only ride for themselves.I guess we will see another 2nd/3rd on a stage where as one of them could possibly win a stage or two.roll eyes at Matt white bad choice again.

When will posters learn to watch races and analyse the performance of riders - Gerrans main role will be as a support rider - Three key riders will be Matthews, A.Yates and Albasini unless someone gets lucky in a breakaway.

Re:

Netserk said:
Without intermediate points he has no chance to win the jersey. Unless you expect him to win at least 7 stages...

If Sagan wins stage 2 or otherwise gets off to a good start, I think Kittel won't bother about intermediate sprints.

Stage 2 is one of the more interesting stages - Should perfectly suit Sagan but will also suit at least ten other riders - You may even find a GC type rider in the finale.

Oleg announcing the team in a livestream now. Lots of nonsense so far about Great Britain (Brexit, Froome, England football team)

"Prudhomme, I love you" ??
"I can assure you Contador is on the list" oh good

Lol he has prepared a powerpoint presentation

Contador and Sagan co-captains
Peter will "work hard and die for Alberto" okay

More bu/llshit, get it over with :p
Oleg says Kreuziger is from Czechoslovakia, and says he likes Kiserlovski because he almost speaks Russian, as a Croatian
He insists on calling Alberto Contador "Alberta Cantador"

Contador
Sagan
Majka
Kreuziger
Kiserlovski
Bodnar
Gatto!! :)
Tosatto!!! :eek: :)

1 more name... Valgren :)

No Paulinho, no Trofimov

"La Datcha" the name of his new chalet in France will be on the jersey for TDF.
"We f*ck Sky anyway" and he's gone

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Oleg announcing the team in a livestream now. Lots of nonsense so far about Great Britain (Brexit, Froome, England football team)

"Prudhomme, I love you" ??
"I can assure you Contador is on the list" oh good

Lol he has prepared a powerpoint presentation

Contador and Sagan co-captains
Peter will "work hard and die for Alberto" okay

More *******t, get it over with :p
The guy's just an attention w****.

LaFlorecita said:
Hugo Koblet said:
[quote="
Come on what?
"Lackluster", they may not have 7 riders who could top-10 like Sky, but it is quite a strong team.
That's why I wrote "compared to the other big teams". Sure, in itself it's a strong team, but regarding support for their leader, Movistar, Astana and Sky are definitely a lot stronger. Though Contador probably won't need as much support as the other big teams' leaders.

Hugo Koblet said:
That's why I wrote "compared to the other big teams". Sure, in itself it's a strong team, but regarding support for their leader, Movistar, Astana and Sky are definitely a lot stronger. Though Contador probably won't need as much support as the other big teams' leaders.
Fair enough, just felt it was a bit unnecessary.

LaFlorecita said:
Hugo Koblet said:
I didn't mean to be condescending and I don't regard the word "lackluster" that way. In fact, I like that Tinkoff has included both Bodnar and Gatto for some more support for Sagan.

Now that we know the big team rosters I think that Movistar has the best team this year. Quintana just has to do his part and he can win this. Unless of course Contador is amazing (I hope) or Froome is in his career best form and has improved compared to previous years.

yaco said:
blaxland said:
Alexandre B. said:
Orica GreenEDGE

Michael Albasini (SWI)
Luke Durbridge (AUS)
Simon Gerrans (AUS)
Mathew Hayman (AUS)
Daryl Impey (RSA)
Christopher Juul Jensen (DEN)
Michael Matthews (AUS)
Rubén Plaza (ESP)
Adam Yates (GBR)
When will Orica/greenedge learn you cant have both Mathews and Gerrans in the same team.these guys only ride for themselves.I guess we will see another 2nd/3rd on a stage where as one of them could possibly win a stage or two.roll eyes at Matt white bad choice again.

When will posters learn to watch races and analyse the performance of riders - Gerrans main role will be as a support rider - Three key riders will be Matthews, A.Yates and Albasini unless someone gets lucky in a breakaway.
Gerrans as a support rider deserves a lol

Hugo Koblet said:
LaFlorecita said:
Hugo Koblet said:
I didn't mean to be condescending and I don't regard the word "lackluster" that way. In fact, I like that Tinkoff has included both Bodnar and Gatto for some more support for Sagan.

Agree.

I think Alberto has what he needs. A couple of good rouleurs and 2 good climbers + Kiserlovski who is a decent one. He basically won the duel against Hansen when they chose to give Sagan more support which is nice to see, the 2015s-squad was way too geared towards Alberto when Sagan obviously was the one who should have received it. At least more than he got.

Valv.Piti said:
Hugo Koblet said:
LaFlorecita said:
Hugo Koblet said:

Agree.

I think Alberto has what he needs. A couple of good rouleurs and 2 good climbers + Kiserlovski who is a decent one. He basically won the duel against Hansen when they chose to give Sagan more support which is nice to see, the 2015s-squad was way too geared towards Alberto when Sagan obviously was the one who should have received it. At least more than he got.

Kreuziger seems to be in good form also.

RattaKuningas said:
Valv.Piti said:
Hugo Koblet said:
LaFlorecita said:
Hugo Koblet said:

Agree.

Kreuziger seems to be in good form also.

Your point is??

Re:

Netserk said:
Tbh, I think Tinkoff's third best climber (Kreuziger) is better than any other team's third best. Who cares what the strength of the 5th dude is, the last two mountain stages are junior length and the Swiss stage is mostly flat until the end.

I'm not sure that I would rate Kreuziger as the best of the third best, but I agree with your main point anyway.

What exactly is Contador going to do with a couple of extra low level climbers anyway? Do people imagine that he was going to try to out-mountain train Sky, Astana and Movistar but now can't? As long as one or two of his three climbers are with him when the group is very small, he will be fine. If he gets beaten it will be because Froome or Quintana (or someone else) is stronger than him, not because of some tactical mistake having an extra weakest climbing domestique would have fixed.

And with this line up, he shouldn't be losing any silly time in wind etc.

TRENDING THREADS