• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Tour de France, Stage 5: Limoges → Le Lioran (216km)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Somehow each and every year I have high hopes at the start of the Tour de France yet every time after about a stage of 5 I remember how shitty this race actually is.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: 2016 Tour de France, Stage 5: Limoges → Le Lioran (216km

perico said:
Froome off the back being paced back in by Landa and Stannard.

he is bluffing most likely. But in his interview his voice sounds harsh. Maybe he started to get sick? After all the guy is prone to get chest infection really easy.

Re:

HelloDolly said:
So Oleg might stay in cycling ....comms saying Sagan & Contador not signing yet for anther team may be an indication

I guess what he needs is a co sponsor ...but who would get into bed with Oleg......his outbursts alone would not be good if you were interested in PR for your company

I think Contador is out of a contract. If I was Peter or Roman, I'd sue him for release. Who would want to keep riding for this guy? Most of these guys were Riis guys anyway.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

HelloDolly said:
Der Effe said:
Somehow each and every year I have high hopes at the start of the Tour de France yet every time after about a stage of 5 I remember how shitty this race actually is.

Its almost likeall the riders are afraid to risk anything ...just too cautious

I really though EQS or AGR or Astana would chase as they could take the jesey

maybe they think the same... for what? short glory? (maybe if they are Oleg). What matters is who hold the jersey in Paris.

Jelantik said:
HelloDolly said:
Der Effe said:

Its almost likeall the riders are afraid to risk anything ...just too cautious

I really though EQS or AGR or Astana would chase as they could take the jesey

maybe they think the same... for what? short glory? (maybe if they are Oleg). What matters is who hold the jersey in Paris.

Don't be ridiculous ...wearing the jersey is a goal for many riders who will never get a chance plus there is a stage win, bonus points and elevation on GC ...and who is to say the team don't get the jersey back

No point in waiting for what may not happen for many teams like Ag2r , EQS
And chasing will hardly kill them ...it is a race

nilfen said:
Lance Armstrong said:
Pretty disappointing if you ask me. Movistar and Etixx with decent chance to grab the yellow and they just don't care.

This!

curious to see how the stage unfolds from here.

Movistar is not interested in yellow, unless it's for Quintana.

Etixx, well I think they have to work too much. Flat stages for kittel, hills for martin/alaphil. Imo it's worth it today, but I guess they decided not to.

Break will win the stage, but GVA in yellow is a nice prospect imo.
How far are the others behind in GC?

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

TomLPC said:
Greg van pereiro increases his yellow lead to 13 minutes over the favourites

Whos the next closest in GC ? Or will GVA take it for sure?

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site

Greg will be in yellow after the stage and the stage should go to De Gendt or Grivko. They have probably made a gentleman's agreement that he won't contest the stage win.

deValtos said:
TomLPC said:
Greg van pereiro increases his yellow lead to 13 minutes over the favourites

Whos the next closest in GC ? Or will GVA take it for sure?

Here's the ongoing classification, serge will be 2.30 back

http://www.letour.com/le-tour/2016/us/classifications.html

They probably shouldn't let pauwels get much more to be honest, he's not a bad climber

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Ettix shouldn't pull for yellow anyway. They have a good chance at a stage win tomorrow and Kittel needs all the train he can get. A refreshed train = Kittel better chance to win.

TRENDING THREADS