• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Tour Down Under WT January 19-24 Adelaide

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who wil win TDU?

• PORTE Richie

Votes: 13 12.3%
  • THOMAS Geraint

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • DENNIS Rohan

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • POZZOVIVO Domenico

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • HENAO Sergio Luis

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • ULISSI Diego

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • BOBRIDGE Jack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GERRANS Simon

Votes: 19 17.9%
  • VAKOC Petr

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Other (Vino)

Votes: 14 13.2%

• Total voters
Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Too bad Dennis got dropped. I can only imagine the Aussie media and fans wetting their pants from excitement if the podium was filled with 3 Aussie riders.

It is already painful enough listening to P&P repeating over and over and over that Caleb Ewan already won 6 (meaningless) races this year.

And because this race is so "huge" Gerrans will bring home way more CQ points from this race than winning monuments like Flanders or Roubaix.

So let's all celebrate (that this race is over) with another meaningless parade stage

... and let's hope Caleb Ewan will not win it because Phil Liggett would probably drop dead from an over-excitement.

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

togo95 said:
Guybrush said:
Mr.White said:
Guybrush said:
for second year in a row, the strongest rider in the race doesn't win... thanks time bonusses

Strongest in what? The best man won, end of story!

without time bonusses Porte would be leading by 9 seconds (over Gerrans)

Meaning Gerrans was stronger in sprint finishes yes. What's your point?

Against time bonusses in this particular race, for the stronger sprinter they already have the points clasification

Well, if Porte was as stronger than Gerrans uphill as Gerrans is stronger than Porte on fast finishes, he'd be first. Gerrans is not just the stronger sprinter here, so why should he be left with the points classification only?

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Alexandre B. said:
Final battle for World Tour points ?

9. Morabito +49s
10. Bevin +50s
11. Ulissi +52s

There are new rankings, points go up to 60th rider now in GC.

Edit..that's nonsense, UCI Rankings are separate from WT, my bad.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Guybrush said:
Because Porte gains 9 sec on him on the road, not in time bonus.

Well this particular race has time bonuses, so I don't see a problem. Gerrans was stronger than Porte in this particular race, according to all the rules determined before the start of the race.

Maybe you don't like time bonuses, but that's another matter and your personal opinion. As far as I'm concerned, time bonuses in this race are justified. Without them, the winner of Willunga Hill will probably always been the winner of the whole race, because it's the only place where bigger time gaps are possible, and the best climber would always win. With time bonuses the race is more balanced, and that's perfectly ok with me.

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Jancouver said:
Too bad Dennis got dropped. I can only imagine the Aussie media and fans wetting their pants from excitement if the podium was filled with 3 Aussie riders.

It is already painful enough listening to P&P repeating over and over and over that Caleb Ewan already won 6 (meaningless) races this year.

And because this race is so "huge" Gerrans will bring home way more CQ points from this race than winning monuments like Flanders or Roubaix.

So let's all celebrate (that this race is over) with another meaningless parade stage

... and let's hope Caleb Ewan will not win it because Phil Liggett would probably drop dead from an over-excitement.

The Aussie media barely cover this race. With the Australian Open on, and international cricket and basketball and soccer, the TDU gets crowded out to be a footnote at the end of the sports report.

Lupi33x said:
Jancouver said:

The Aussie media barely cover this race. With the Australian Open on, and international cricket and basketball and soccer, the TDU gets crowded out to be a footnote at the end of the sports report.

Oh come on! You're messing with Jancouver's story line. :p

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site

Jspear said:
Lupi33x said:
Jancouver said:

Oh come on! You're messing with Jancouver's story line. :p

I'm not sure what is he even talking about. Cricket? What is that?

I don't watch tennis or soccer and I have never seen one minute of the fake baseball game called cricket.

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
pro-tip, if you're going to troll, at least make sure your own logic is watertight
eg, if you to pretend you dont know what something is, dont give away that you actually know what it is

:D

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Lupi33x said:
pro-tip, if you're going to troll, at least make sure your own logic is watertight
eg, if you to pretend you dont know what something is, dont give away that you actually know what it is

I have some idea what cricket is and I know it is some kind of fake baseball game but I was not kidding when I said that I have never seen one minute of that game.

Its like the people in Australia probably don't watch NFL (or do they?), I have never seen any cricket on American TV.

Jancouver said:
Lupi33x said:

I have some idea what cricket is and I know it is some kind of fake baseball game but I was not kidding when I said that I have never seen one minute of that game.

Its like the people in Australia probably don't watch NFL (or do they?), I have never seen any cricket on American TV.

You'd be surprised how many people outside their own country enjoy other's countries sports. And I should add, without dismissing them. NFL is globally supported, so your soft troll on Australians is week.

Given your name on here, I may , wrongly, assume you have a Canadian heritage. In which case there is no reason for your ignorance of any sport that is played there. Other than trolling of course..

Jancouver said:
I have some idea what cricket is and I know it is some kind of fake baseball game
Baseball evolved after cricket had, and baseball is a derivation of cricket and some other Anglo/Irish bat and ball games. The modern form of cricket is much older than the modern form of baseball. Indeed cricket was a much more popular game in the Americas before baseball's popular ascendancy in that region began after the American civil war. Some baseball terminology derives from cricket.

So to be fair, baseball is a kind of fake cricket.

Of course calling one a fake of the other is just silly, each is it's own game with it's own history and culture. Cricket has more followers globally than baseball does (due to the sub-continental obsession).

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Took a walk down there. Too hot and too much sun.
The only vantage spot in shade on the main straight there is no video screen. Surely a screen on the town hall would be a good idea? At least give something to people who arent in the prawn sandwich brigade?

Capture.JPG

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
I wonder what kind of time differences they'd get for a 2 lap iTT

if that'd be in the range that it wouldnt automatically decide the race every year but would give the top 5 or so a chance to change spots