• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Vuelta a España, stage 10: Lugones > Lagos de Covadonga

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Hilarious how many of you are clearly watching on dodgy streams with 3 minutes delay

Guilty as charged. TG4 have broken my heart by not showing the Vuelta this year. The first Eurosport link on Steephill is in glorious HD, but it seems to go down about 20-30km from the finish every single day, and I have to find some flaky delayed stream for the finale.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Great action! Finally!

When does Valverde get tired?? Impressive stuff! I still think Contador and Chaves can overtake him, but already has 2 minutes!

Re: Re:

SeriousSam said:
hfer07 said:
So Quintanita is no longer a coward it seems....
It's almost like you need some form for adventurous riding to be sensible, which he didn't have at the Tour.

I am on my limit and in danger of losing a Tour podium if there is another attack.

Hold on, why don't I attack, put myself into the red, get chased down by Sky and see what happens? It is what the internet thinks, so it must be a sensible tactic.

Re:

hfer07 said:
So Quintanita is no longer a coward it seems....
Sure, he does attack on MTFs when he is by far the strongest. Wasn't exactly unplanned/unexpected. The whole stage had been leading up to that moment.

Anyway, gaps were pretty small for a climb like this. Only like 1:30 between Quintana and the likes of Brambilla. I mean behind Froome, thirty seconds to second is a large amount, but from Bertie onwards not much.

Re:

Escarabajo said:
Quintana!!!!

I am glad that he put his time on Lagos.

He should have gone before and probably taken more time.
Yep, I think he was too cautious about going too early because he thought Contador might sit on and counter attack him. Probably slighlty rueful now that he could have easily taken more time, given how shocking Contador was in the last 3km.

Re:

Red Rick said:
Great climb today, though unfortunately, the overall battle for the Vuelta seems over

Not at all. The guys who did the Tour will definitely drop off, and it's going to come down to who's form drops more, and if the Tour guys' form drops enough for Chaves and Contador to come back

Quintana went very far into the red today, Froome seemed to hold a small bit back. Let's see if that will tell in a week's time