• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Vuelta a España, stage 13: Bilbao > Urdax-Dantxarinea

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

classicomano said:
The list of stage winners in this Vuelta is shaping up to be the worst of any GT ever.

But all the days are big battles and the break is not easy, so all of them deserved.

Some are youg riders who has in this Vuelta his main objetive. Others maybe you dont know well, as Lagutin

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=22078
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=7694
http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=21287

Top 15 in Vuelta a España GC, that is not weak.

Re:

SafeBet said:
classicomano has a point here.
Calmejane, Van Genechten, Lagutin, De la Cruz, Keukeleire had 1 WT win before this Vuelta.

All of them deserved and strong riders. I didnt know the first 2, but there is always a first time.

All of them are in this Vuelta stronger riders than Gilbert. so would be a disprestige Gilbert winnig.. I hope him for stages like today anyway...if he has the level.

Re: Re:

classicomano said:
DBotero said:
classicomano said:
The list of stage winners in this Vuelta is shaping up to be the worst of any GT ever.

S.Yates,Quintana,Froome :confused:
Yep, thats pretty much it.

Still some stages left where the list could get better.The GC guys should normally win the TT and hopefully one more mountain stage.LL Sanchez,Gesink,Gilbert,De Gendt etc will save La Vuelta dignity by grabbing a stage win at least.
But got to say the list might look even worse after today stage :D

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
So, this one is for the break, right? I wonder if Alberto and Tinkoff will try anything. It's not like he can gain any time tomorrow.

Re: 2016 Vuelta a España, stage 13: Bilbao > Urdax-Dantxarin

The low quality winners is most of all, because no decent sprinter signed up for the Vuelta where they could win quite a few stages. Their own fault.

Another reason is that very decent riders that have freedom don't join the breakaway. A lot of missed opportunities from some riders.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

Taxus4a said:
Robert5091 said:
Everyone is thinking of tomorrow .... keep an eye on the road though while dreaming of mountain top glory! :)

Yes, a pity, becouse is a nice stage...

Well it was even better in its first route, but it was stupid to put it on the eve of the only real mountain stage of the vuelta : nothing would have happened anyway.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: 2016 Vuelta a España, stage 13: Bilbao > Urdax-Dantxarin

Kwibus said:
The low quality winners is most of all, because no decent sprinter signed up for the Vuelta where they could win quite a few stages. Their own fault.

Another reason is that very decent riders that have freedom don't join the breakaway. A lot of missed opportunities from some riders.

exactly, I still for the life of me can't understand why a Coquard or a Bouhanni didn't go there for example..