• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Vuelta a España, stage 15: Sabiñánigo > Aramón Formigal

Page 36 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Bogotano said:
Contador at the finish roughly; "for me it was making a great stage for the spectators foremost , i said to Nairo for me the gc is secondary because im so far behind, and lets work together because today you can win the vuelta. A great than you to the Colombian fans, im not COlombian but the support from them on the road and on social media is amazing"

too bad he couldnt follow in the last k for the stage win

quintana sooo strong riding the group off his wheel

Contador basically implying "f*ck you Froome". Contador's a badass

Re: 2016 Vuelta a España, stage 15: Sabiñánigo > Aramón Form

great stage.

talansky up to 7th - equalling his best.

a good TT puts him in 6th.

a great one in 5th.

the amazing thing, his finish has not been on TV either day because he was between the main protagonists each time.

cannondale cant catch a break. lol.

Big Doopie said:
great stage.

a great one in 5th.

the amazing thing, his finish has not been on video eather day because he was between the main protagonists each time.

nobody cares about that team bro

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

Pantani Attacks said:
Bogotano said:
Contador at the finish roughly; "for me it was making a great stage for the spectators foremost , i said to Nairo for me the gc is secondary because im so far behind, and lets work together because today you can win the vuelta. A great than you to the Colombian fans, im not COlombian but the support from them on the road and on social media is amazing"

Contador basically implying "f*ck you Froome". Contador's a badass

Not much implying there mate ;) If he can't do it with being the best, he'll find another way.

Re:

Bogotano said:
Sometimes I fantasize about cyclists who have no real reason to pull or create mayhem, but will when given the chance, just so it can be remembered that they were part of something epic.

I like to look at Hesjedal's 2015 Giro in that light, because why not. It also fits Contador, if he's still riding once he stops being a true contender.

Re:

Bogotano said:

He really said that? Wow, that's sad.

JRanton said:
IndianCyclist said:
Froome's weakness is that when he is left without teammates, he panics and due to stress he is psychologically unable to produce his trademark performance. If only somebody had attacked him in 2013 when he was isolated, there would be a different TDF winner.

Total BS. It was another hard day after yesterday and he was obviously suffering due to that. It's not as if we haven't seen Froome suffer in the 3rd week at the Vuelta before.
Not the first time Froome gives reason to think he doesn't handle things to well when the race is slipping through his fingers. The hilarious Ventoux run can be interpreted in those terms too.

burning said:
Big Doopie said:
great stage.

a great one in 5th.

the amazing thing, his finish has not been on video eather day because he was between the main protagonists each time.

nobody cares about that team bro

my point exactly, bro.

Lexman said:
BigMac said:
Can't believe I traded this for the beach. Only tuned in with 7k to go.

Few questions: Who started the move? When did it happen? Was Froome dropped due to bad legs or caught helpless in team tactics? What did Contador do?

Thanks. And we should stop complaining about stage lenght. Some of the best stages we've gotten recently (in memory) were short, it encourages moves from far out. When was the last time a leg-shredder wth more than 200kms actually delivered? Honest question, might have even been just months ago, I just don't remember.

Contador attacked, or responded to an attack

Froomie was not awake and didn't react immediately ...

Nairo & Alberto said Vamos let's go vroom vroom...

games over for Froom
Froome was napping some way back in the bunch, Brambilla tried to form a break, Contador joined it with his Tinkoff guys on the descent along with a selection at the front. Once the group split, Sky had hardly any domestiques and some who were dropped. Erviti and then Valverde both made counterattacks that Orica chased which left Froome with only López for help. In the group with 4 Tinkoff and 3 Movistar were also 2 EQS including de la Cruz who got the gift from Movistar last week, Fraile and Elissonde fighting to stay in the break for mountain points, there was plenty of reason for the break to work, and away they went.

Points classification has suddenly become a competition again now. Quintana 7 points behind Valverde, with Felline a further 10 back. Too many flat stages now probably for Quintana to win, but if Felline can place very high in a couple of sprints it could be interesting between him and Valverde.

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

veji11 said:
Contador took Froome with him Balrog style... I can't win the Vuelta anymore ? Well at least you'll know I made you lose it too. Awesome.

You do know that they don't sign a contract promising to help Froome win, right?

Contador is trying to get on the podium and doing what he does best, racing.

I think something that may not get written up or talked about is the Movistar attacks and rtiding early on in the Froome group. It seemed strange with the fact that Nairo was in front, but what it managed to do was keep the Sky domestiques to catch up with the Froome group, and eventually isolating him. Too bad I never could get a good feed to watch.

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Can please somebody make a movie about this stage with one of those awesome soundtracks and great camera angles. I would like to show it to my kids one day :lol: