• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Vuelta a España, stage 5: Viveiro > Lugo (171.3km)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Alexandre B. said:
Ricco' said:
What happened to Latour, Yates and Anton? Arrived with guys who got s.t. but lost time in the results. Really weird.
Surely a mistake because you can't lose a minute and then finishing 26th and 27th on the stage, even with a crash.
You can: it is not unimaginable, but it would be odd as they would have been held up by the blocked road from the crash.

Only way I can see it happening is that they were slightly adrift of the bunch at 3km, but back not only in, but reasonably near the front of the peloton, by the time of the crash so that they were not affected very badly by the blocked road.

I would not be at all surprised to see their times adjusted though: how late can that happen?

LaFlorecita said:
PremierAndrew said:
Any update on Chaves' injuries?
Just minor injuries I read, some scratches and bruises. He'll be sore though.

At least there's a couple more easy days coming up

Dekker_Tifosi said:
appearently there was a pole on the road without someone signalling it. Vuelta organisers just lack severely in safety

Ridiculous, looks like they didnt learn from Pais Vasco (I think?) last year

Põhja Konn said:
silvergrenade said:
Põhja Konn said:
Dazed and Confused said:
Asero831 said:
will there be time gaps?

Hopefully. It was proper racing.

Froome was dropped from the front group long after the crash had happened. So that gap should stand and everyone who was obstructed by the crash should get Froome's time. We'll soon see.

Lol.
Froome hater spotted.

While I've never hidden my dislike of Froome, this current error of judgement was born out of lazyness and lack of attention on my part rather than hatred. I do most of the time cheer for his rivals, but my dislike of him doesn't come close to hatred. For hatred, one needs to know the other personally. I only know Froome as a cyclist.
You sound so bitter

rick james said:
Põhja Konn said:
silvergrenade said:
Põhja Konn said:
Dazed and Confused said:
Froome was dropped from the front group long after the crash had happened. So that gap should stand and everyone who was obstructed by the crash should get Froome's time. We'll soon see.

Lol.
Froome hater spotted.

While I've never hidden my dislike of Froome, this current error of judgement was born out of lazyness and lack of attention on my part rather than hatred. I do most of the time cheer for his rivals, but my dislike of him doesn't come close to hatred. For hatred, one needs to know the other personally. I only know Froome as a cyclist.
You sound so bitter

If anyone sounds bitter now it's you. He just explained that he made an error and then explains that it's idiotic to hate someone if you don't know him personally. A very reasonable post. He only said he doesn't like Froome, but we all have our riders we like and we dislike.
Either you are trolling or .....

TRENDING THREADS