2017 Strade Bianche, March 4th, 175 km WT

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Dazed and Confused said:
BigMac said:
Forever The Best said:
Awesome race once again. Worthy winner.
Also what happened to Goncalves? He was 8th at some point just dropped by Juul Jensen. Did he explode?
Also a great ride by Pinot.
The break took too much of him, and then he exposed himself too much in that group. By the antepenultimate sector he was visibly empty. A good ride nontheless, but he needs to get some racing smarts.
If Pinot continues to take part in some of the tougher "classics" he will likely discover race smartness imo.
We were talking about the legendary Ze Goncalves :D
 
Re: Re:

Forever The Best said:
Dazed and Confused said:
BigMac said:
Forever The Best said:
Awesome race once again. Worthy winner.
Also what happened to Goncalves? He was 8th at some point just dropped by Juul Jensen. Did he explode?
Also a great ride by Pinot.
The break took too much of him, and then he exposed himself too much in that group. By the antepenultimate sector he was visibly empty. A good ride nontheless, but he needs to get some racing smarts.
If Pinot continues to take part in some of the tougher "classics" he will likely discover race smartness imo.
We were talking about the legendary Ze Goncalves :D

lol, but its true for Pinot in any case.
 
Re: Re:

Dazed and Confused said:
Forever The Best said:
Dazed and Confused said:
BigMac said:
Forever The Best said:
Awesome race once again. Worthy winner.
Also what happened to Goncalves? He was 8th at some point just dropped by Juul Jensen. Did he explode?
Also a great ride by Pinot.
The break took too much of him, and then he exposed himself too much in that group. By the antepenultimate sector he was visibly empty. A good ride nontheless, but he needs to get some racing smarts.
If Pinot continues to take part in some of the tougher "classics" he will likely discover race smartness imo.
We were talking about the legendary Ze Goncalves :D

lol, but its true for Pinot in any case.
Indeed, since Pinot is mostly a stage racer, even though he has a Lombardia podium.
 
Aug 6, 2015
4,139
2
0
Tonton said:
Hehehehe ;)

I don't know about the comment from Dazed and Confused...regardless, I'm a happy fan boy :) . Come on Portugal11, I have reserved a spot for you on the Tibopino bandwagon. :p
What is more surpring is the fact that pinot was dropped in almost any descent with sterratto and he still was able to finish inside top 10 :surprised:
 
portugal11 said:
Tonton said:
Hehehehe ;)

I don't know about the comment from Dazed and Confused...regardless, I'm a happy fan boy :) . Come on Portugal11, I have reserved a spot for you on the Tibopino bandwagon. :p
What is more surpring is the fact that pinot was dropped in almost any descent with sterratto and he still was able to finish inside top 10 :surprised:
If he didn't have to waste so much energy to make up the lost time on the descents, he could do a top 5 easily.
 
What an amazing race! As usual, Strade Bianche is going to be tough to exceed for the other classics. Kwiatkowski looks a lot better this season - I hope this was not just a rare example of one of those days, where everything works for him, but instead that he can truly keep a good level throughout the races.
Kudos to Juul Jensen and Durbridge also. I did not expect a top 10 from those two.
 
Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
What an amazing race! As usual, Strade Bianche is going to be tough to exceed for the other classics. Kwiatkowski looks a lot better this season - I hope this was not just a rare example of one of those days, where everything works for him, but instead that he can truly keep a good level throughout the races.
Kudos to Juul Jensen and Durbridge also. I did not expect a top 10 from those two.
Kwiatkowski is really an incredible rider and kind of frustrating, with so much talent. He can look hopeless for most of the season, but still always comes away with a big classic or two. Hopefully this will be the year he can be more consistent and take the step up to become one of the true greats of the sport - his style is great to watch.
 
Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
What an amazing race! As usual, Strade Bianche is going to be tough to exceed for the other classics. Kwiatkowski looks a lot better this season - I hope this was not just a rare example of one of those days, where everything works for him, but instead that he can truly keep a good level throughout the races.
Kudos to Juul Jensen and Durbridge also. I did not expect a top 10 from those two.
Echo your thoughts re Kwaitowski.

Durbridge less of a surprise although I have been thinking cobbles more his scene. Is this a one-off or a sign of further strong one day showings ?

By far the best outing in ORS colours by Juul-Jensen; was probably needing at least one strong result after an anonymous 2016
 
Just seen that Felline went solo in the last hour and ended up finishing 13th, beating a lot of the main breakaway riders like EBH, Sanchez, Kung, Trentin. Not a great result for one of the pre-race favourites, but I like to see that kind of fight in a rider - especially considering about half the field just gave up when it got a bit tough.
 
Re:

DFA123 said:
Just seen that Felline went solo in the last hour and ended up finishing 13th, beating a lot of the main breakaway riders like EBH, Sanchez, Kung, Trentin. Not a great result for one of the pre-race favorites, but I like to see that kind of fight in a rider - especially considering about half the field just gave up when it got a bit tough.
Exactly. This is how it should be.
I think that DNF riders should be sanctioned somehow as they are getting an advantage for next race against the riders who ride till the very end. This can be important especially for the busy spring season.
 
Re: Re:

SKSemtex said:
DFA123 said:
Just seen that Felline went solo in the last hour and ended up finishing 13th, beating a lot of the main breakaway riders like EBH, Sanchez, Kung, Trentin. Not a great result for one of the pre-race favorites, but I like to see that kind of fight in a rider - especially considering about half the field just gave up when it got a bit tough.
Exactly. This is how it should be.
I think that DNF riders should be sanctioned somehow as they are getting an advantage for next race against the riders who ride till the very end. This can be important especially for the busy spring season.
I think this is a ridiculous idea. ;)
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY