• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2017 Worlds BERGEN, NORWAY, RR ELITE, SUN 24th 277KM!

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
I think almost anyone with high ambitions would do something like Moscon did there and lets not forget it probably was Cassani who encouraged him to grab the car. The DQ was fair, but lets not make it worse than it is. Moscon is no saint, but I don't buy into all the Moscon-trashing as off late altho I do get why a lot of people dislike him (the racism, but also Sky).
#
No they wouldn't...talk about excusing cheating...so anyone can get a tow when they like ?...so why stop there .. maybe get in the car ?...jesus wept

Lets take EBH (an example of one of many riders yesterday) . a big day for him on home soil...was caught behind the crash and missed the spilt in the peloton so was not up for the final sprint...Did he get a tow form his car ...no ....and that goes for several riders
Moscon could afford to attack when he did as he got towed up the hill....and thus who knows how he influenced the other riders in the race

You and Echoes will excuse any old *** as long as its a rider you like ....nothing to do with SKY...I dont like a racist cheater ...and the 'oh he denied it' defense does not wash. SKY sanctioned him ...you do not sanction an innocent person..there was no doubt for them what the racist slur was ..If I was at the UCI he'd be suspended for alot longer.. He'd be sacked where I work...but never mind he is an attacking rider :rolleyes:

But you guys ..... you really should not comment on anyone cheating on anything again ...

RedheadDane said:
He denied it publically, yet still went to the FDJ bus and apologised personally to Reza?

You followed the whole story. So you know that he apologised for having insulting him but then denies any racist intention (insulting is already something bad, remember). I don't know what he said. Yes at first I thought he did racially abused in a split second outburst but since he denies it, even in this respect I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Until proven wrong! But now he'd better be right, though!

By the way, your sentence is misleading because it sounds like he first went to the bus and then apologised personally while it's the other way round. He first personally apologised on his own accord.

Blanco said:
Did you watched GT's in last 5-6 years? Particularly Tour?

No, I didn't.

hrotha said:
Echoes said:
He denied it publicly and there was no counter-denial from FdJ side. If there is, I'd be first in line to say he's a coward.
I thought your defense of Moscon was that he had admitted it and apologized?

Echoes said:
It's quite phenomenal to read Reichenbach should be praised for making it public while first it was not his business and second the two men seem to already had settled it before. Personally, reading Safebet's translation just confirmed my opinion. A young guy who made a mistake, regretted it, properly apologised for it to the victim and his whole team. The thing should be closed by then. The rest is mob justice and can only give my sympathy to a guy who is alone against everybody, against people who judge and are sure of their superior morality. I'd like to jump on the bandwagon right now, actually.

LMAO

Seriously, why on earth everyone takes him seriously is beyond me. He makes no sense whatsoever unless the topic is about 1960's cycling or something like that.

Echoes said:
He denied it publicly and there was no counter-denial from FdJ side. If there is, I'd be first in line to say he's a coward.

Reza's position is that he just wants to race his bike and put the incident in the past. He didn't want Moscon to be suspended and figured once the "apology" from Moscon was received that it would be over. FDJ just wants to protect its rider. Unfortunately for Moscon his transgression occurred in front of and within earshot of at least one of his fellow professionals who shared the details of what transpired with the media. That you choose to believe Moscon's denials in spite of his feeling the need to apologize to Reza and his team is your choice.

Edit: Reichenbach was a witness to the incident, was outraged at Moscon's behaviour and shared it with the media. Being a witness to such action makes it his business. He was personally offended and likely embarrassed by Moscon as he was a bad reflection on his profession.

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: The last 4km

axl said:
I've tried to undersand what happened during the blackout from the helicopter footage. I'm not 100% sure but this is what I got, begining from the short cobbled section where Alaf attacked Mocon :

1) alaphilippe in front, then moscon, the duo kiryienka/postlberger just in front of the peloton led by valgren
2) Valgern comes back on postberger and stop working a little after
3) swift attack, folowed by lutsenko, Sagan and a colombian (Gav or Uran)
4) bettiol brings the group back (still Alaf, Moson and Kiry up front)
4) Lutsenko goes again, uran tries to bring back but can't
5) A belgium? (not sure) counter, with gaviria in the wheel. They take back Lutsenko and Kiry but Sagan brings everybody back.
6) Gaviria insists with success and Cort makes the jump. They come back on Moscon and Alaphilippe.
7) The group is disorganised. 2/3 guys take short pull (cant identify them).
8) Cort goes alone in the front and Kristoff takes a pull to come back on the 3 others.
9) Then Bettiol takes the lead, comes back on Cort
10) Final sprint.

So Sagan and Kristoff did things before the 300 last meters. Sagan tried to go in a group, and brought back Gaviria the first time. Kristoff took a pull (not a big one, but it was important).

Well done for your analysis, the last 5km was frantic so much going on. Your highlights seem to get most of the action. The Belgian who attacked was Gilbert, he was interviewed and said he tried to go with 2.5km to go but shut it down quickly when Gaviria the Columbian got across with Sagan close at hand. Gaviria and Alaphilipe are going to going to be torturing themselves with this clip for years. Attacking Moscon was fatal.

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site
Angliru said:
Echoes said:

Reza's position is that he just wants to race his bike and put the incident in the past. He didn't want Moscon to be suspended and figured once the "apology" from Moscon was received that it would be over. FDJ just wants to protect its rider. Unfortunately for Moscon his transgression occurred in front of and within earshot of at least one of his fellow professionals who shared the details of what transpired with the media. That you choose to believe Moscon's denials in spite of his feeling the need to apologize to Reza and his team is your choice.

Edit: Reichenbach was a witness to incident, was outraged at Moscon's behaviour and shared it with the media. Being a witness to such action makes it his business. He was personally offended and likely embarrassed by Moscon as he was a bad reflection on his profession.
But Echoes will tell you that in the past, like sticky bottle, it was tolerated,so nothing to see.

Echoes said:
RedheadDane said:
He denied it publically, yet still went to the FDJ bus and apologised personally to Reza?

You followed the whole story. So you know that he apologised for having insulting him but then denies any racist intention (insulting is already something bad, remember). I don't know what he said. Yes at first I thought he did racially abused in a split second outburst but since he denies it, even in this respect I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Until proven wrong! But now he'd better be right, though!

By the way, your sentence is misleading because it sounds like he first went to the bus and then apologised personally while it's the other way round. He first personally apologised on his own accord.

Blanco said:
Did you watched GT's in last 5-6 years? Particularly Tour?

No, I didn't.

You would understand if you had watched them.

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

puckno said:
True, WC cities should have multiple parallel power grids. Should be indoors as well, to prevent lightning hitting riders.
Not needed. A basic 30-minute UPS for all your transmission kit would do. A 5kW UPS for 30 mins is like 1000 EUR if you do not need the best quality - you do not. Basic television broadcast 101. If you are not penny-pinching, that is.