• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2018, 72nd Tour de Romandie, April 24th - April 29th, WT

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

DNP-Old said:
Hugo Koblet said:
DNP-Old said:
DbxUrIIVAAAfJjE.jpg

This is made for the likes of Roglic, Thomas and perhaps even Dennis. Very regular, no outlandish percentages.
This is way too hard for Dennis. It looks like a battle between Porte and Roglic, with Thomas and Bernal the biggest challengers to me. I'm really looking forward to see Bernal here.
If Dennis wants to be serious about his GC focus in the Giro, he'll have to show it today. He won't see a lot of climbs that'll suit him more.
Sure, but that doesn't mean that he'll be any good toda. And yes, he'll see a lot of climbs that suit him more than this one: every single one that's less steep :D

rune1107 said:
Just need to know what you peeps think before i place a bet today:

Dennis to beat Castroviejo
Ion Izaguirre to beat Rui Costa
Van Garderen to beat Kangert

??

in the last mountain time trial in Switzerland Costa and Kangert came 1st and 2nd. There's no way I would bet against them at those crap odds, and on guys clearly lacking shape

search said:
rune1107 said:

??

in the last mountain time trial in Switzerland Costa and Kangert came 1st and 2nd. There's no way I would bet against them at those crap odds, and on guys clearly lacking shape

seconded not worth on those odds. Not even dennis is a sure thing.

Frankschleck said:
search said:
rune1107 said:

??

seconded not worth on those odds. Not even dennis is a sure thing.

Duly noted. I will take my money elsewhere.

Re:

Red Rick said:
Porte vs Roglic vs Bernal I think.

I don't believe in Dennis, not today and not for Giro GC. Romandie+Giro is a terrible combination anyway.

Dennis top 10 at best in the Giro and even that's a stretch. The mountains will be the main problem. Roglic will be hard to hold out on this stage but Dennis could still do well. Porte probably doesn't have the condition yet but it looks like a good TT course for him.

Re:

Escarabajo said:
I am shock people are talking about Dennis for this MTT. I don't think it fits him very well. This is more for the pure climbers. It is the combination of being steep and long that favors the climbers.

Agreed. I have always struggled with understanding why a MTT should in anyway favour a TT rider. Of course you need to be able to ride alone, but on a steep climb you don't get that big an advantage by drafting, unless there is a strong headwind of course.

Mayomaniac said:
SafeBet said:
So Thomas De Gendt has now won stages in:

Giro d'Italia
Tour de France
Vuelta a Espana
Paris-Nice
Volta a Catalunya
Tour de Romandie
Tour de Suisse
Critérium du Dauphiné

He should go for a stage in Tirreno-Adriatico and Itzulia next year.
Lol, durning the interview he said that Itzulia and Down under are next, he wants to win a stage in every single one of the actual WT stage races.
And thanks for the information about Fabbro, I just saw the final of the stage, so I assumed that he had spend more time in the breakaway.

I was thinking about this during the race, that De Gendt always win in GTs or one week stage races. I was thinking that it would be a nice goal to win a stage in every (WT/famous/mountain) stage race. Pretty awesome list btw.

RedheadDane said:
Red Rick said:
Is the time limit gonna be an issue today?

Seems like Gaviria is worried it might.

"I may miss the time cut. Someone like [Egan] Bernal will go maybe nine minutes faster," he says. "I gave it everything but I might be going home today. That was a really hard climb and yesterday I was dropped too. It's been tough this week but good training."
What's the time limit, 25% or 30%?

Winning time isn't gonna be much faster than 27 minutes I think.

TRENDING THREADS