• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2018 Paris-Nice, 4/3-11/3

Who will win?

• Soler

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Barguil

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Fuglsang

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • S. Yates

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alaphilippe

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Poels

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Martin

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • De La Cruz

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Henao

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Chaves

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Spring is here! Or at least on the calendar it is...

While everyone is getting caught up in the Strade hype, I am hyped for this Sunday and the real beginning of the GT contenders' seasons. This years P-N is not as starstuddered as the past few years, but nonetheless we do have some interesting profiles who have preferred France over Italy. The route is as classic as they come, with stages favoring sprinters, puncheurs and climbers.

profile-01.jpg

profile-02.jpg

profile-03.jpg

profile-04.jpg

profile-05.jpg

profile-06.jpg

profile-07.jpg

profile-08.jpg

Re: Re:

rune1107 said:
WheelofGear said:
You should change the Poels option to "Henao/Poels/De La Cruz".

Henao is the defending champion and just as punchy as Poels for the uphill sprint stages and De La Cruz could win the ITT.

True - both added to the poll
Great. Since the strongest riders (Porte, Nibali, Landa, Froome, Uran, Bardet, Dumoulin, Aru) are targeting T-N or not racing at all (Valverde, Quintana), I wouldn't be surprised to see all three in top 5. A full Sky podium is even possible.

Henao/Poels/De La Cruz are up against Mollema, Tejay and Fuglsang. Riders they can easily beat.

WheelofGear said:
rune1107 said:
WheelofGear said:
You should change the Poels option to "Henao/Poels/De La Cruz".

Henao is the defending champion and just as punchy as Poels for the uphill sprint stages and De La Cruz could win the ITT.

True - both added to the poll
Great. Since the strongest riders (Porte, Nibali, Landa, Froome, Uran, Bardet, Dumoulin, Aru) are targeting T-N or not racing at all (Valverde, Quintana), I wouldn't be surprised to see all three in top 5. A full Sky podium is even possible.

Henao/Poels/De La Cruz are up against Mollema, Tejay and Fuglsang. Riders they can easily beat.

Chaves and Ion Izagirre is there too. It's not gonna be a walk in the park for Sky.

And classics riders like Wellens, Alaphilippe and Teuns are serious candidates on this course.

WheelofGear said:
Jspear said:
WheelofGear said:
I'm going with De La Cruz. Sky always win Paris-Nice.

Sky has said on their website that they’re backing Henao.
I'm not sure about that. In another article, they are hyping Poels. But with the ITT, De La Cruz might be their strongest card.
I think Sky will sacrifice one of them. Having two leaders is fine, but three is a bit overkill in a one-week race.

Velolover2 said:
WheelofGear said:
Jspear said:
WheelofGear said:
I'm going with De La Cruz. Sky always win Paris-Nice.

Sky has said on their website that they’re backing Henao.
I'm not sure about that. In another article, they are hyping Poels. But with the ITT, De La Cruz might be their strongest card.
I think Sky will sacrifice one of them. Having two leaders is fine, but three is a bit overkill in a one-week race.

I agree, but I think they will let the decision be made on the road. Henao might be the leader on paper, but it will make sense to have all three within reach of the podium before the final 3 stages.