• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 C du Dauphiné stage 6 St. Vulbas - St. Michael 229 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Velolover2 said:
WVA for green and Alaphilippe for polka dots in the Tour.
Jumbo is bringing Groenewegen, for whom van Aert will have to work in the leadout. I doubt he can save himself for the TTT (which is definitely also a reason why they are bringing him), work for SK, do leadout for DG and go for the green jersey up against the likes of Sagan (who is faster in a sprint to begin with).

Re: Re:

Logic-is-your-friend said:
Velolover2 said:
Jumbo is bringing Groenewegen, for whom van Aert will have to work in the leadout. I doubt he can save himself for the TTT (which is definitely also a reason why they are bringing him), work for SK, do leadout for DG and go for the green jersey up against the likes of Sagan (who is faster in a sprint to begin with).
Let's see. Groenewegen wouldn't survive the entire Tour. If Wout can win stage 3 which is tailor-made for him, I think he will keep the jersey for the entire GT.

There will be plenty opportunities to take points when he drops out of the GC. He is a better climber than Sagan and should be able to survive tougher stages if he is in a break. I predict that "2019 weight Sagan" will be dropped like a stone from a breakaway if they just hit a medium mountain.

Re: Re:

Velolover2 said:
Logic-is-your-friend said:
Velolover2 said:
Let's see. Groenewegen wouldn't survive the entire Tour. If Wout can win stage 3 which is tailor-made for him, I think he will keep the jersey for the entire GT.

There will be plenty opportunities to take points when he drops out of the GC. He is a better climber than Sagan and should be able to survive tougher stages if he is in a break. I predict that "2019 weight Sagan" will be dropped like a stone from a breakaway if they just hit a medium mountain.

Why not?

TRENDING THREADS