• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 C du Dauphiné stage 6 St. Vulbas - St. Michael 229 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Clipboard.jpg

Re: 2019 C du Dauphiné stage 6 St. Vulbas - St. Michael 229

Screecher said:
Alaphilippe got it but honestly he's not looking amazing right now.

He may not have eaten/drunk enough, if he was asking for fluids that close to the finish. He's a real battler though, and shows he can win even if he's not 100%. Bora's non-Sagan riders continue to surprise me. I confess to not paying the slightest bit of attention to them, but clearly I should have been.

Re: 2019 C du Dauphiné stage 6 St. Vulbas - St. Michael 229

Bolder said:
Screecher said:
Alaphilippe got it but honestly he's not looking amazing right now.

He may not have eaten/drunk enough, if he was asking for fluids that close to the finish. He's a real battler though, and shows he can win even if he's not 100%. Bora's non-Sagan riders continue to surprise me. I confess to not paying the slightest bit of attention to them, but clearly I should have been.
They’ve been great this season, while the Sagan side of things has been a very clear let down.

Re: Re:

Logic-is-your-friend said:
Expect Lambrecht in the white jersey tomorrow. And Gaudu the day after tomorrow. Yes, that means i think van Aert will not win tomorrow.
Part one of my prediction came true. But i now predict that part two of my prediction will not come true.

Lambrecht should be able to keep it yeah. Def not the most contested white jersey ever, but still great personal achievement for him if he holds on. He was really hurting on that last climb tho so I don't expect him to do anything "special" apart from keeping that jersey.

Expect Lambrecht in the white jersey tomorrow. And Gaudu the day after tomorrow. Yes, that means i think van Aert will not win tomorrow.
Part one of my prediction came true. But i now predict that part two of my prediction will not come true.

2/3 is not bad. :cool:
And it could still theoretically be 3/3.

---
Anyway, Fuglsang thinks the stage was a bit boring
So after the break was gone it was a boring race, I’m looking forward to some serious bike racing this weekend.

But, I dunno about any of you, I'd say there are better ways to deal with boredom than crashing.

Samamba said:

Lambrecht should be able to keep it yeah. Def not the most contested white jersey ever, but still great personal achievement for him if he holds on. He was really hurting on that last climb tho so I don't expect him to do anything "special" apart from keeping that jersey.

Well, he kind of predicted it, that he wasn't in top form and was really working towards the Vuelta and Poland. The team sent him to the Dauphiné for a stage win, but i think they'll be glad if he gets to climb on the podium every day to receive the white jersey.

TRENDING THREADS