• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 C du Dauphiné stage 7 St. Genix - Les Sept 133.5 km

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Broccolidwarf said:
Rollthedice said:
Looking how this field looks like, Thomas should win the Tour fingers in the nose. Very disappointing climbing level compared to fourth Skineos man. Even Teejay could take a top 5 like in the good old days.

I don't think you can use a stage like today, with the weather being what it was, to make that conclusion.

Cold/wet vs warm/dry is very different indeed.

You also can’t use Poels as a benchmark because on any given day he can be grupetto fodder or as good a climber as Froome or anywhere in between. He’s a domestique not because his top level is below that of genuine Tour contenders but because he absolutely can’t be relied upon to produce that level on any given day. He’s one rider there’s no point in measuring form or level against because his level could be anything with no warning or explanation.

The more worrying benchmarks are Tejay, Buchmann.

Photos from the climb to Sept Laux

I went up to watch the riders on the final climb to Pipay, near Grenoble, with around 8km to the finish. The weather was as bad as I've ever known with storms with heavy rain, thunder and lightning.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oR4tPr3LSP8BCaGJ8

The guys at the front were racing, but the guys at the back looked like they were so ready for somewhere warm and dry. What was good was most weren't wearing glasses so you could really see the expression in their eyes.

Cheers, Russell

Re: Photos from the climb to Sept Laux

Russell in France said:
I went up to watch the riders on the final climb to Pipay, near Grenoble, with around 8km to the finish. The weather was as bad as I've ever known with storms with heavy rain, thunder and lightning.

The guys at the front were racing, but the guys at the back looked like they were so ready for somewhere warm and dry. What was good was most weren't wearing glasses so you could really see the expression in their eyes.

Cheers, Russell

That's a nice photogallery. Thanks for sharing.

Re: Photos from the climb to Sept Laux

Logic-is-your-friend said:
Russell in France said:

Cheers, Russell

That's a nice photogallery. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you. It wasn't easy conditions with the rain and wind, while trying to hold an umbrella and a camera.

TRENDING THREADS