• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Critérium du Dauphiné stage 4 ITT 26.1 km Roanne

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

dacooley said:
each of gc contenders is going to go full throttle. ultimately it's the only absolute test for everyone since someone will necessarily tackle big difficulties in the mountains and give up, while you pretty much can't give up in TT. :lol: TD attracts our attention the most just for the reason he has to show glimps of form and recovery going well. I wouldn't rule out Richie as well. he has a descent chance to win imo
Not sure about Porte, didn’t look great on stage 2, but I do expect him to move up. It’s going to be interesting and some indication of who’s going well, as is the rest of the week.

Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Velolover2 said:
Poels for Dauphine overall then if he can put out a great TT.

He is always zigzagging but when he is good, he is really good.
Poels is the kind of guy who can even have bad days in shorter stage race and be world class on a mountain stage durni g the same race.
Yeah. :lol:

But I was thinking in terms of time trialing. I think he is better than both Pinot, Fuglsang and Yates if he has a good day. He has a rare chance of actually winning the overall if he can put enough time into Quintana (who I suppose will win the big mountain stage).

I don't think him gaining a minute on Quintana today is out of the question.

TRENDING THREADS