• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Giro d'Italia Stage 15: Ivrea - Como 232 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Candidates to win from a breakaway: Gasparotto, Brambilla, Masnada. It would be fun if Polanc tried to regain pink by joining the break. Movistar should send Amador in the break, forcing Lotto-Jumbo to work anyway. :D There's no rule against attacking if you have the pink jersey in your team.

Nibali has to take time back if he wants to win the Giro. He will probably attack just before the top of the Civiglio and pull through in the descent. However Roglic is a good descender too. One good ski jump should be enough to sit back in Nibali's wheel.

Have to test Carapaz recovery, though he clearly looked the best uphill in the last stages, he made a huge effort yesterday.
But most likely a breakaway will get this, can't imagine any team keeping the race close.
How is weather btw? A lot of cataclysmic forecasts... but it's always sunny in the end.

Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Red Rick said:
By the way I never realised that the Muro was a shortcut, not an extension
Shortcut and shortcut..... :D But yeah, you can go higher up on the normal road or go left on a trinity little goat track to the tunes of 2 km at 15%. Yes, I have done that with gears that demanded me to dance on the pedals live Contador did in his later higher (few RPM). Simply just a brutal climb and understandable why it isn't in to some extent this year.
Peloton would be smaller than during Il Lombardia so I don't understand the problem with going over it.

Alas, we don't get it. But then in my mind the profiles of Madona di Ghisallo and Colma di Sormano were also a bit easier than they really are.

Wonder if 160km of flat before will actually do some damage. Should be in the favour of the heavier top climbers a bit. Sorta like Oropa 2017.

Red Rick said:
Peloton would be smaller than during Il Lombardia so I don't understand the problem with going over it.
The peloton would, but the whole caravan wouldn't. Considering there is a significant problem there even for Lombardia (remember the traffic jam on top last year?), it's no wonder they'd rather not.

Eshnar said:
Red Rick said:
The peloton would, but the whole caravan wouldn't. Considering there is a significant problem there even for Lombardia (remember the traffic jam on top last year?), it's no wonder they'd rather not.
How much of a problem would it be to only have moto's go over the muro while all the cars and stuff take the detour over the Colma di Sormano?

Re:

SafeBet said:
Will Bahrein be the only team willing to control the stage. Because if that's the case I can see the break taking it. De Gendt?

I don't think it's gonna be a De Gendt day, he told Belgian press he's not feeling well because of the previous hard stages and will opt for groupetto.
However, with him you never know I guess

TRENDING THREADS