• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Giro d'Italia Stage 15: Ivrea - Como 232 km

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
218 km break and win - chapeau to both! MS went long for Yates and ... failed (where was Nieve?).
Wise of Carapaz to follow Nibali, now Roglic must follow Carapaz. Carapaz needs to attack to gain more time. Niblai needs to get the voodoo working again to get higher up the podium.

Mayomaniac said:
Max Rockatansky said:
https://twitter.com/BaukeMollema/status/1132693331505496070

Hm? Does he has a point here?
He has a point about too many motobikes being in the race, but it's not just an italian problem.
Just look at the spring classics.
It is also harder to become the driver of a motobike in an rcs race, they have higher standarts than the uci, so Bauke complaining to the uci and making it an italian problem is actually a bit misguided.
Doesn’t sound like he’s complaining about the number of motos, but about them sitting less than 30m in front of the peloton, giving them a draft all the way through a 230km stage.

He doesn’t say if there were any Moro’s sitting in front of the break at any point.

Re: Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
Gigs_98 said:
Escarabajo said:
Carapaz reminds me how Yates was dominating last year. Anything can happen, but I don't think Carapaz will crack. He looks more confident than Yates was at this point. It was probably that TT. The one for this year is too short and Carapaz looks to be on supreme form so I doubt that he will lose too much time on the TT.
Then again carapaz doesn't look nearly as strong as Yates last year. Nibali didn't even try to follow his attacks on stage 13 and 14 and I doubt carapaz could have dropped Nibali today. In fact I think Nibali looked a bit stronger than him. Still fun times ahead. There are more comfy places to be than 1:40 in front of Nibali who is looking to get better and better.
Simultaneously, Richi had 30km riding solo into the maglia rosa yesterday, while Nibali was part of the phony war on Courmayeur so by rights should be fresher. Looked to me like Movistar were happy to take the lead into the rest day, marking Rogla and Nibali, not worrying about attacks they didn't have to worry about, and using their rouleur and lower slope domestiques as much as possible so that their climbing helpers could be fresher, in case Richi paid for yesterday's efforts. Which obviously in the end he didn't, as he could mark Nibbles, and the group behind had their problems too.

How the hell Majka is still in 4th place.
Unless he cracks (not the strongest but has been managing the time loss quite well) he should keep it.

Re: Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
How the hell Majka is still in 4th place.
:lol:
I feel the echoes of that fake news which is prapagated on FCN almost every time when Majka shows up in some thread.
That he deliberately leaved Alberto alone when he crashed in 2015.
It's complete nonsense and untrue.

Leinster said:
Mayomaniac said:
Max Rockatansky said:
https://twitter.com/BaukeMollema/status/1132693331505496070

Hm? Does he has a point here?
He has a point about too many motobikes being in the race, but it's not just an italian problem.
Just look at the spring classics.
It is also harder to become the driver of a motobike in an rcs race, they have higher standarts than the uci, so Bauke complaining to the uci and making it an italian problem is actually a bit misguided.
Doesn’t sound like he’s complaining about the number of motos, but about them sitting less than 30m in front of the peloton, giving them a draft all the way through a 230km stage.

He doesn’t say if there were any Moro’s sitting in front of the break at any point.

He wouldn't know if there was…

Armchair cyclist said:
So Tolhoek ended up on a Movistar bike when he gave his bike to Roglic. Did he receive the 2 minute penalty for receiving help from another team, per Porte in 2015 Giro when he got assistance from Clarke?

Maybe he pushed the rider off his bike and stole it!
Which, I hope, would warrant some sort of punishment too.

RedheadDane said:
Armchair cyclist said:
So Tolhoek ended up on a Movistar bike when he gave his bike to Roglic. Did he receive the 2 minute penalty for receiving help from another team, per Porte in 2015 Giro when he got assistance from Clarke?

Maybe he pushed the rider off his bike and stole it!
Which, I hope, would warrant some sort of punishment too.

He does have the appearance of a seasoned criminal. :lol:

TRENDING THREADS