• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Giro d'Italia Stage 20: Feltre - Monte Avena 194 km

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

bajbar said:
Lequack said:
Carols said:
So Roglic has to make up 23 seconds on Landa :( If he isn't entirely done in that should be within his scope. But I think he's pretty close to 'stick a fork in him' territory. I hope he makes it, he rode a brave race, mostly without a team mate on every single climb. Today he was isolated with 110km to go.

He really peaked too soon it seems, but I wouldn't be too disappointed if I was him, pulling this off without much of a team is great, even better if he manages to get the podium.

The "peak-form" seemed to be reached too early yes... But maybe he was thinking about the Tour as the second peak and thought that he would have big enough advantage because of the TTs that he didn't need to be at the absolute peak. Which might be true if the team was there. But without the team, he came up short.

No, he is supposed to be riding in service to Krushweak at le Tour.

Re:

Escarabajo said:
If he was thinking of the Tour with practically no team at the Giro with those crazy climbs at the end would not be very smart of him. I don't think that's what he did.

Until a week before the Tour a team with De Plus, Gesink and Tolhoek looked quite decent. But it turned the way it did... In the end he might still get a podium, so it will be a step into the right direction. He didn't have any really bad days. He just wasn't climbing as good as he did in the 3rd week of the Tour last year. But his TT was better at least. Which I gues is what matters for tomorrow :)

Carols said:
bajbar said:
Lequack said:
Carols said:
So Roglic has to make up 23 seconds on Landa :( If he isn't entirely done in that should be within his scope. But I think he's pretty close to 'stick a fork in him' territory. I hope he makes it, he rode a brave race, mostly without a team mate on every single climb. Today he was isolated with 110km to go.

He really peaked too soon it seems, but I wouldn't be too disappointed if I was him, pulling this off without much of a team is great, even better if he manages to get the podium.

The "peak-form" seemed to be reached too early yes... But maybe he was thinking about the Tour as the second peak and thought that he would have big enough advantage because of the TTs that he didn't need to be at the absolute peak. Which might be true if the team was there. But without the team, he came up short.

No, he is supposed to be riding in service to Krushweak at le Tour.

As he is in almost every race they both participate in :eek:

bajbar said:
Lequack said:
Carols said:

That's certainly a very optimistic view of it. I'm not sure Roglic was at all thinking about the Tour, and if he was he's done it completely the wrong way, he'll be tired out by the time they reach the pyrenees the way he's stromed spring. And i certainly hope that Roglic wasn't arrogant enough to assume that he'd be able to win the giro not at his best, he's not Froome! Much more likely is that yes, he came into it a bit too hot but the level he's shown in the mountains is the same as what he's shown in the past, maybe even slightly better. The way sky did the tour last year suited him, as did the climbs, and I feel that's why he did so well there. I do feel though he needs a stronger team, or a better route with less difficult mountain stages, to win a GT.

I wonder why Landa doesn't go for the Vuelta more, he's clearly one of the best climbers. The last time he's done the Vuelta was in 2015, but no in 2016, 2017 or 2018.

8YRlz15.png

Carapaz was strong today and in addition his team did a stellar job. Nibali tried and secured the second place overall. Roglič did struggle a bit and in addition had no real support from his team. Hopefully he will secure the podium tomorrow in TT. Landa would deserve it too, but i am Roglič fan and therefore am hoping Roglič will secure the third place overall.

Given the circumstances, a bit of bad luck he had and having no team to back him up when nedded the most, that would still be a nice achievement in my book.

Escarabajo said:
Lequack said:
Carols said:
Lequack said:
Video of the Lopez slapping
https://twitter.com/easydoughMo/status/1134862274466897921

Seemed to have been the rare double slap. :)

I'd be shocked if he isn't DQed! Not that I blame him, but that behavior shouldn't be tolerated.

Apparently the rules are such

D7_v8pjXYAMFfA1.jpg:large
You already made your point many times and we read it and heard it. Relax.
And you already read all the reactions from fans.

I'm no the author of the original tweet.
I'm not saying he should be DQed, not in this case. I think a fine would suffice. You can't really think straight when you are at maximum heart rate.

Robert5091 said:
Carols said:
Lequack said:
Video of the Lopez slapping
https://twitter.com/easydoughMo/status/1134862274466897921

Seemed to have been the rare double slap. :)

I'd be shocked if he isn't DQed! Not that I blame him, but that behavior shouldn't be tolerated.

Really? Should Lopez be penalized even more for that idiot bringing him down?
Well... acording the current UCI rules he should've been DQed. Not that I agree with that...
EDIT: Sometimes it's kinda good that UCI doesn't give damn about its own rules more often than it does :D

TRENDING THREADS