• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Giro Rest Day 2 Discussion

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who is gonna win it?

• Carapaz

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Roglic

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • Nibali

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • Majka

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Landa

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Mollema

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Yates

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Lopez

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re:

Hayabusa said:
Tough to call between the Top 3, and that's fantastic as it will make for an interesting last week.

Carapaz is the better in the mountains, Roglic the best in the TT and you'd have to fancy Nibali in terms of longevity and stamina.
For the last TT, form will be more important than pure TT skills. If Roglic is fading, he will not suddenly make up 90 seconds on an in form Carapaz.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sivakov-movistar-accelerated-after-roglics-giro-ditalia-mechanical/

Well I'm not surprised. Movistar has never been a high flyer in sportsmanship.
FFS, not this again. Jumbo *** up and Roglic had already profited from mishaps earlier in this Giro. Racing is racing, man up.

Re:

IndianCyclist said:
Not sure. There are still 4 mountain stages and 1 TT to come. Might become a little clear after Motirolo as it has the potential to turn everything upside down. One of the top 3 most likely and Yates and Landa as dark horses.
And 2 of those mountain stages are very unlikely to produce any gaps. Mortirolo is nice obviously, but apart from that either Passo Manghen produces or we're stuck with just 3 weak MTFs after that.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sivakov-movistar-accelerated-after-roglics-giro-ditalia-mechanical/

The day De Plus was feeling bad and had to abandon it was Bahrain who were setting the strong 50kmh tempo, although they said in an interview that they knew De Plus was in trouble but that it wasn't the reason for the tempo, but somehow it's hard to believe.

Re: Re:

Escarabajo said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

Well, I am surprised that Sivakov made those silly remarks. Just when I was starting to like him.

I'm sure he will regret them now;)

Roglic with his new battle scars:

D7lEhFqWsAY2XrL.jpg:large

6 days of racing to come... that's more than a proper week-long race considering the profiles and exhaustion.
The absence of Gavia alters the complexion of the final week to a certain extent, but it's hard to tell who's going to profit on that.
Although no one has expressed regrets about Gavia (if I'm right), Nibali might just be more disappointed than the others. The route change loads the back of the race even more in the sense that the closing stages have gained in weight, which also affects the mental aspect of racing.
The least fatigued ones should have the advantage in such a schedule.

TRENDING THREADS