• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Rugby World Cup

Who will be World Champion?

• Australia

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • England

• Fiji

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • France

• Ireland

• Japan

• New Zealand

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Scotland

• South Africa

• Wales

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Rugby World Cup will start tomorrow in Japan with the host team taking on Russia. This is the place to discuss the games and everything that surrounds it. I'm no rugby expert by any means (in my country most people think Rugby is just the British word for American Football) so I'm looking forward to enjoy your vast knowledge :)
Still, I feel like this tournament is particularly open with no clear favourite. Many teams have shown signs of greatness over the last year but also had lacklusture performances, maybe a surprise winner could come out of this?

Here you can find all the matches, the opening game starts Friday September 20 at 19:45 local time (UTC+9):
https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/matches

Regarding the poll, I left out Argentina against Fiji because of world ranking position. It closes on the 25th, so every top team will have played once.

Hard to see past NZ, but they have been run close or beaten by SA, Aus, Eng, And Ire over the past couple of years. In fact, it's all been pretty close at the top, Wales have been in the mix and even Scotland have put up a few good results over the last couple of years. Should be a decent competition, even if it is kick and clap...

Just watched the opening game. Japan were super nervous in the beginning but then managed to dominate the game with their superiour front row. They will have to step up their game against Scotland and Ireland though, if they want to have a chance to reach the quarter finals.

South Africa just weren't very clinical at all, dominated possession and territory but could rarely make the most of it (the one time they did they were pretty lucky from garces). Thought Le Roux looked terrible. New Zealand has ten very good minutes, scored 17 points and stayed stromg for the rest. Might not be the last time they play each other, but England have been playing well and Wales could be a threat too.

South Africa won it in the end. Really happy for them. Maybe it can give the country some hope after a difficult couple of years economically and politically.

7u6whmc.jpg

Kolisi with the Cup.

TRENDING THREADS