• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Tour de France – Stage 6 – Mulhouse–LPDBF - 157 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
klintE said:
About making excuses. Nairo Quintana today:
Hay que ir con cabeza mañana; que no sea solo Nairo Quintana el señalado siempre con la presión y el que tiene que atacar. Algunas veces cuando ha atacado Nairo, otros se han aprovechado de ese momento.
Does he suffer from schizophrenia?
I think that statement is good material but for psychologists no psychiatrists.
He distance himself from statement he is actually making.
For me: he's consciously lying ;)

Fuglsang is a former mountain biker. If he is ok, he should feel at home at the double-digit gravel sector.

I think it's between him, Bernal and Yates. The latter two are more explosive but he wouldn't be far away.

1. Yates
2. Bernal
3. Fuglsang

4. Woods
5. Martin
6. Pinot
7. Thomas
8. Quintana
9. Benoot
10. Buchmann

Re:

Velolover2 said:
Fuglsang is a former mountain biker. If he is ok, he should feel at home at the double-digit gravel sector.

I think it's between him, Bernal and Yates. The latter two are more explosive but he wouldn't be far away.

1. Yates
2. Bernal
3. Fuglsang

4. Woods
5. Martin
6. Pinot
7. Thomas
8. Quintana
9. Benoot
10. Buchmann

No Valverde? This should be a good stage for him to try to win.

Bardet, Quintana, LRP & A Yates need to make up for the TTT - a poor showing and it'll be more dropped time. Sagan to go in the break for the sprint points after 29 km then it'll be two groups. Who's to lead the peloton, the Ineos train?

Re: Re:

Koronin said:
Velolover2 said:

1. Yates
2. Bernal
3. Fuglsang

4. Woods
5. Martin
6. Pinot
7. Thomas
8. Quintana
9. Benoot
10. Buchmann

No Valverde? This should be a good stage for him to try to win.

No. I think he hasn't got the form to win this one from the group of favorites. The strongest climbers of this race will step up on this climb, I'm expecting Bernal, Pinot, Landa and Fuglsang to fight for the win. Bala might try from Col des Chevreres though, that would be an interesting move.

Aru to remember the times of his former glory and tear off up the final climb like a mad man and win by 38 seconds !!

As Sean Kelly says some riders find it very hard on the first climbing stage so I expect a few running out of steam

I do think Porte & TJ will go well ...in a 'ride your bicycle like an old lady out shopping kind of way' but still well and better than many

However the winner will be explosive so not Quitana nor Steve K nor Thomas nor Bardet nor Landa

More like Bernal, or Buchman or Pinot or Yates or D martin ftw

God it could any of 15 guys

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Kruijswijk, Pinot or Landa to take the stage
If the break takes it; Alaphilippe, Barguil or Herrada
Thomas/Fuglsang to loose a little time.
Bernal needs to be a better than he was at Suisse, and I am sure he is and will be up there.

Re:

HelloDolly said:
BTW why did Valverde lose all the weight ...he looks ill ...too much

P.S Fuglsang top 5 tomorrow for me

He lost 3kg from his normal race weight. He had put 1kg back on between Occatine and the National Championships and said he was likely going to put .5 to 1kg more back on before the Tour started. He said he was experimenting. He's started the Tour between 1 and 1.5 kg less than his normal race weight. From pictures from the Tour he looks better than he did at Occatine.

TRENDING THREADS