• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

2019 Tour de France, La Course & stage 13: Paauuu...

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 6, 2011
Re: Re:

Midnightfright said:
Keram said:
Lequack said:
He would be the most popular winner in the last decade or more, not since Cadel Evans.or Contador.
And most surprising since? :lol: Anyway I think he will crack this weekend.
Tomorrow will tell, he should lose a good chunk of time but he has already surpassed what hes shown before. I wonder how long Mas would work for him considering he is in the podium mix

Yates, poor performance. Stiil, I think he will try to attack tomorrow from 20-15k.
Cruyffswijk as expected, and thats a good sign.
Nothing is over even though the course which lef them to overcome is run of the mill. At most.

Re:

klintE said:
Yates, poor performance. Stiil, I think he will try to attack tomorrow from 20-15k.
Nothing is over even though the course which lef them to overcome is run of the mill. At most.
Wrong Yates for long range attacks. :D

Midnightfright said:
Keram said:
Lequack said:
He would be the most popular winner in the last decade or more, not since Cadel Evans.or Contador.
And most surprising since? :lol: Anyway I think he will crack this weekend.
Tomorrow will tell, he should lose a good chunk of time but it's hard to tell. I wonder how long Mas would work for him considering he is in the podium mix
That will be really interesting to watch. Does Mas get some kind of a free role or does he have to protect Alaphilippe?

The power of the yellow jersey is really quite remarkable. How many times have we seen the leader overperforming? Shows just how much mentality is important in this sport.

I suspect Alaphilippe will pay tomorrow though.

bob.a.feet said:
Lequack said:
When you consider he is loved by all of France and most non-French it would be most popular since at least Pantani. Basically imagine if Voeckler had won in 2011
Thought everyone outside France hated Voeckler

Apr 25, 2016
Re:

Cinemaniak said:
I see another 'Rasmussen'-story developing this Tour. The guy who also wasn't considered to be in the race for yellow
Can you stop spreading your hate? Nobody's replying to your conspiracy theories. We got it, Ala is not clean. Go to the Clinic for everyone's sake..

Red Rick said:
bob.a.feet said:
Lequack said:
When you consider he is loved by all of France and most non-French it would be most popular since at least Pantani. Basically imagine if Voeckler had won in 2011
Personally I was a fan and was enjoying 2011

We live in a day and age when nothing seems impossible in cycling. I mean, Froome was chasing a Vuelta win suffering like a dawg, not knowing that he already won one. Jalabalaphilippe winning the damn Tour would be another dream come true.

Staggering ride by Alaphilippe. To beat Thomas in a TT of this length? Not to mention all the big GC guns? Amazing

Yet sorry, I still give him 0% chance to win the Tour. I just don't see him competing in high or multi mountain stages..

Red Rick said:
bob.a.feet said:
Lequack said:
Well they only really got to know him after 2011. If he'd won it in 2011, it would've been a real feelgood story.

markene2 said:
luckyboy said:
Evans was popular outside of Anglo nations?
I dont feel so, not to my knowledge at least.
Evans wasn't even popular outside of Australia. I think even some Aussies find him a bit prickly.

Leinster said:
Red Rick said:
bob.a.feet said:
Lequack said:
Well they only really got to know him after 2011. If he'd won it in 2011, it would've been a real feelgood story.

markene2 said:
luckyboy said:
Evans was popular outside of Anglo nations?
I dont feel so, not to my knowledge at least.
Evans wasn't even popular outside of Australia. I think even some Aussies find him a bit prickly.
He got popular towards the end of his career, when he started being more open and friendly towards fans and press.

So with Evans it kinda depends when in his career you judge his popularity.

bob.a.feet said:
Red Rick said:
bob.a.feet said:
Lequack said:
Personally I was a fan and was enjoying 2011
Same here

Krokro said:
Cinemaniak said:
I see another 'Rasmussen'-story developing this Tour. The guy who also wasn't considered to be in the race for yellow
Can you stop spreading your hate? Nobody's replying to your conspiracy theories. We got it, Ala is not clean. Go to the Clinic for everyone's sake..
Earlier in the stage it was Asgreen he was complaining about..... something about him not seeming tired enough :rolleyes:

Mayomaniac said:
klintE said:
Wrong Yates for long range attacks. :D
20k i'ts not so long range IMO
I remember when Adam attacked on 30k climb and almost did it :) Failed 10k to go.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Staggering ride by Alaphilippe. To beat Thomas in a TT of this length? Not to mention all the big GC guns? Amazing

Yet sorry, I still give him 0% chance to win the Tour. I just don't see him competing in high or multi mountain stages..
Did you see Thomas competing in the mountains before he competed in the mountains?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS