• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Tour de France, La Course & stage 13: Paauuu...

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
This would be a great WC-route. Dno if its possible to cut out some of the flat, 27 km is a bit too long I guess? Would be a very open and agressive race i think.

Still think 27 km long ITT is too short in TdF, but in this instance, its probably for the better. Thomas would be in an even bigger pole position after today, especially after most of the big contender almost lost 2 minutes for free.

So in all instances this century, really.

Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
Valv.Piti said:
This would be a great WC-route. Dno if its possible to cut out some of the flat, 27 km is a bit too long I guess? Would be a very open and agressive race i think.

Still think 27 km long ITT is too short in TdF, but in this instance, its probably for the better. Thomas would be in an even bigger pole position after today, especially after most of the big contender almost lost 2 minutes for free.

So in all instances this century, really.
You can argue that an I probably agree (in the Skye-era at least), but its principal thing I guess. It just feels so wrong to have this short time trials in a race like Tour de France, as well as it feels very wrong to me to have multiple 100 km stages in a race like the Tour. But Im also very conservative in that aspect.

Asgreen said in an interview yesterday, that he did not expect to do well on the TT.

That having been said, "not well" in his mind, is probably "outside top 5"...... so he will probably still ride top 15, but I would be surprised if he was in contention for the win.

Nobody is speaking about Lampaert..... I think he is a contender today, he has not worked quite as much as Asgreen.

TRENDING THREADS