• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Tour de France, La Course & stage 13: Paauuu...

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Panda Claws said:
What is the logic behind those start times? Sometimes riders start only 1 or 3 minutes apart and then it is suddenly up to 15 minutes between riders before going back to 1, 3, 6, etc. Minutes between them. If there is a pattern to this then I can't find it.
do you mean in general, over the season? Because today, it's same (more or less) as usual, 1 minute gap for everyone apart for those in the end (2 minutes for the Top 25)

Re: Re:

search said:
Panda Claws said:
What is the logic behind those start times? Sometimes riders start only 1 or 3 minutes apart and then it is suddenly up to 15 minutes between riders before going back to 1, 3, 6, etc. Minutes between them. If there is a pattern to this then I can't find it.
do you mean in general, over the season? Because today, it's same (more or less) as usual, 1 minute gap for everyone apart for those in the end (2 minutes for the Top 25)
I realised I *** up due to your response.
I was looking at the start times of riders Sporza deemed interesting instead of all of them. :redface:

Logic-is-your-friend said:
Sestriere said:
Martin, Haga and Asgreen will be underway as 4th, 5th and 6th. Everybody will know what to beat from the beginning.
They are likely not super fresh and even more likely not to go all out with the mountains waiting in the next week.

I hear Martin has implied it, and Lampaert has said it (even if Lampaert wasn't mentioned in your post).
Well, you are right about MArtin at least :lol:

SafeBet said:
RedheadDane said:
Broccolidwarf said:
Asgreen and Haga have the same time on both the 1st and 2nd intermediate!

What a battle :D

What happens if they have same (best) time at the finish? Both in hot-seat?
It'll be half painful when WvA destroys their time.

Or pleasant, when they don't have to sit on top of each other anymore…

So... Lampaert's been asked to take it easy, but Asgreen clearly hasn't… :confused:

RedheadDane said:
SafeBet said:
RedheadDane said:
Broccolidwarf said:
Asgreen and Haga have the same time on both the 1st and 2nd intermediate!

What a battle :D

What happens if they have same (best) time at the finish? Both in hot-seat?
It'll be half painful when WvA destroys their time.

Or pleasant, when they don't have to sit on top of each other anymore…

So... Lampaert's been asked to take it easy, but Asgreen clearly hasn't… :confused:

"Nobody tells Asgreen to take it easy" :p

TRENDING THREADS