• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Tour de France, La Course & stage 13: Paauuu...

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Pharazon said:
Kokoso said:
Valanga said:
scapewalker said:
I honestly feel like De Gendt could get a top 5 GC result if he wanted to next year.

Yeah but that's the thing ... he doesn't want to.
Yeah and there is a good reason for it - he couldn't do top five. So he doesn't try.

exactly, when he podiumed on the giro a few years ago it was because he was party of that Stelvio break away.

if he was actually a GC rider they would never have let him go
He was 8th before the stage, and it was the second last stage, the people being bumped down a spot in the top 10, and the 3rd spot on the podium had plenty of reason to reign him in, especially knowing the final stage was a TT.

silvergrenade said:
Tricycle Rider said:
Damn, I was so excited to see how Van Aernt would do in the Tour, hope it's not too awful.

Reports coming in that Wout van Aert has suffered a gash along the thigh.
So no broken bones apparently
Leclercq immediately suspected serious gashs. With the covering it certainly looked as if he potentially cut arteries and they had to stop the bleeding!

Hopefully it's not that seriously and just looked that worrying!

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

Singer01 said:
Pharazon said:
Kokoso said:
Valanga said:
scapewalker said:
I honestly feel like De Gendt could get a top 5 GC result if he wanted to next year.

Yeah but that's the thing ... he doesn't want to.
Yeah and there is a good reason for it - he couldn't do top five. So he doesn't try.

exactly, when he podiumed on the giro a few years ago it was because he was party of that Stelvio break away.

if he was actually a GC rider they would never have let him go
He was 8th before the stage, and it was the second last stage, the people being bumped down a spot in the top 10, and the 3rd spot on the podium had plenty of reason to reign him in, especially knowing the final stage was a TT.
? he was 8th, co count with me...without the break hoe would have ended 7th.

silvergrenade said:
Tricycle Rider said:
Damn, I was so excited to see how Van Aernt would do in the Tour, hope it's not too awful.

Reports coming in that Wout van Aert has suffered a gash along the thigh.
So no broken bones apparently
D'oh, I should at least learn how to spell his name!

This kid looks very promising, I'd like to see some talented youngsters in the peloton. Hope for the best for him.

TRENDING THREADS