• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Tour de France, La Course & stage 13: Paauuu...

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

sir fly said:
Giving him help there at the spot is as awkward as the crash itself.

Trust me, with a complex knee injury (like a dislocation and an open wound) you can't just be lifted in the ambulance car without some pre-care on the spot. I tested that.

Fabian Wegmann on Dennis: "Dennis is known to be crazy and he just showed his bad character again. What he did is just unacceptable." Pretty harsh comment but if it was just a reaction to supposedly bad equipment, he is not unright.

Re: Re:

JosephK said:
Kokoso said:
Van Aert and Asgreen pulled some time back between 2nd 3rd split resp. finish. Wout might have been fastest.

Yeah, I think that might have happened. But someone at the back end may massacre everyone (G?). We'll see.
He would have needed to go at least 8 seconds faster than anyone else has gone on the 4th/last section which seems pretty unlikely since he wasn't fastest on any of the previous sections

Re:

Kokoso said:
Van Aert and Asgreen pulled some time back between 2nd 3rd split resp. finish. Wout might have been fastest.
Faster than De Gendt?

Van Aert
1: +00.05
2: +00.16
3: +00.11
finish: ?

Asgreen
1: +00.22
2: +00.30
3: +00.19
finish: +00.16

I don't think the development was pointing WVA's way. De Gendt finished fast, losing only 3s to Asgreen, who I really doubt Van Aert would have beaten on that last section.

Pharazon said:
staubsauger said:
Valv.Piti said:
Anybody had the intermediate on Wout? Could he have beaten DeGendt?
Apparently he was +8 seconds on De Gendt again, according to the latest information

he was +11 at the 3rd time check which was 5 seconds faster than the 2nd check so he was gaining...

he might have pipped him
Yeah, I phrased it the wrong way around. My mistake!

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
He pulled back 5 seconds on 6.4 kms, he'd have to pull back another 11 seconds on 6.1 kms. I think that's perfectly possible.

Kokoso said:
ppanther92 said:
staubsauger said:
Valv.Piti said:
Apparently he was +8 seconds on De Gendt again, according to the latest information

On ARD they said he had surpassed De Gendt already.
Now that IS an answer :)
O ***, I really hope Julian or Thomas surpasses DeGendt then. Would be horrible if Wout crashed out and would have won.

This ITT feels a bit whack with Dennis and Wout out.

TRENDING THREADS