• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Tour de France, La Course & stage 13: Paauuu...

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Now we know why Dennis quit. This was a next-level performance.

I still think he cracks eventually. I did think the same about Thomas last year. But at least Thomas went from winning Paris-Nice and cracking at the Tour to winning at Tour. Going from cracking at Paris-Nice to just placing at the tour would be a far more surprising feat.

Behind him things are actually looking up, IMHO. Yates and Landa weren't quite up to their best. Everyone else did about as well as can be expected. I think the form is pretty much there for the rest of the big guys. Tomorrow we'll see if EF/Movi/Jumbo/Trek/Groupama are in this to win it.

Doubt there will be much hype left after tomorrow. Fortunately this will force ineos to show their cards though. They will probably ride the tourmalet as hard as possible to eliminate alaphilippe, however if it turns out Thomas isn't on top of the climbing field either it could show as well. I just pray this will indeed be the case as then we could have a phenomenal tour.

Re:

carton said:
Now we know why Dennis quit. This was a next-level performance.

I still think he cracks eventually. I did think the same about Thomas last year. But at least Thomas went from winning Paris-Nice and cracking at the Tour to winning at Tour. Going from cracking at Paris-Nice to just placing at the tour would be a far more surprising feat.

Behind him things are actually looking up, IMHO. Yates and Landa weren't quite up to their best. Everyone else did about as well as can be expected. I think the form is pretty much there for the rest of the big guys. Tomorrow we'll see if EF/Movi/Jumbo/Trek/Groupama are in this to win it.

Boy I wish I had your enthusiasm, I don't think there is even a slight chance that anyone can take time off of Ineos and G. The last few years of TdF have taken my will to believe, and a pile of salt is all that remains.

Alaphilippe - Jalabert
Bardet - Virenque
Pinot - LeBlanc
Barguil - Rinero

They really all look like copys of the French 90s heroes with their characteristics.

Top 10 looks possible from here on for Alaphilippe, if his climbing is decent enough to hang on in the Pyrenees & Alps!

Latest Post ITT Stage 13 Odds

pK3W1sp.png

Great ride by De Gendt. No words for the Alaphillipe performance, unexpected would be a mild way of putting it. Uran, Porte, Mas and Pinot did well and Stephen K. Misery for Martin, Yates and Bardet. So so for Landa and Quintana worse than expected. Porte would have liked to make more time but he was so far back that it barely matters. Next two stages should be fun.

Re: Re:

Midnightfright said:
Keram said:
Lequack said:
He would be the most popular winner in the last decade or more, not since Cadel Evans.or Contador.

And most surprising since? :lol: Anyway I think he will crack this weekend.

Tomorrow will tell, he should lose a good chunk of time but he has already surpassed what hes shown before. I wonder how long Mas would work for him considering he is in the podium mix

TRENDING THREADS