• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Tour de France, stage 10: Saint-Flour > Albi 217,5 km

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

F_Cance said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Broccolidwarf said:
On a positive note, Astana is now forced to attack the mountains hard.

Fireworks coming up :)
Unfortunately, they don't really have the team to do so.
And also i don't think that Fuglsang is good enough to make things interesting.

I think Fuglsang would have been good enough to make it interesting, as with Pinot, only if they and their teams had no crashes and did everything right through today. That was the case for FDJ up until today, but today's gaffe was fatal for hopes of winning outright. The slim hopes for anything interesting in the GC battle probably rest with Yates and Quintana. -- Not expecting them to be able to put a dent in Ineos.

movingtarget said:
jaylew said:
I really hope this isn't the stage that killed the race. Ineos looking good for two podium places with Yates and Nairo the main challengers. Jumbo has been incredible. 4 wins from 3 different riders and the TTT.

It's certainly killed off Porte and badly injured Pinot and Uran. Pinot must be gutted.

Pinot almost burst into tears after the finish line. :(

alspacka said:
jaylew said:
I really hope this isn't the stage that killed the race. Ineos looking good for two podium places with Yates and Nairo the main challengers. Jumbo has been incredible. 4 wins from 3 different riders and the TTT.

And Kruijswijk unusually well positioned at this stage too

+1. Amazingly little faith in SK here considering how strong everyone on Jumbo is going at the moment. 15s off the virtual GC lead going into the rest day is good.

killswitch said:
movingtarget said:
jaylew said:

It's certainly killed off Porte and badly injured Pinot and Uran. Pinot must be gutted.

Pinot almost burst into tears after the finish line. :(

Yeah, well. Messed that up all on himself. When EF attacked he was right there in the front. Keep your *** focus in a situation like that...

I loved the racing today, but I imagine Pinot must be mentally destroyed. He was flying high and his bid has been undone on the most unlikely of stages. Ineos is on track for a 1-2 finish and some very defensive riding through the next weekend and the following week. Yay us :(

Re:

Publicus said:
I loved the racing today, but I imagine Pinot must be mentally destroyed. He was flying high and his bid has been undone on the most unlikely of stages. Ineos is on track for a 1-2 finish and some very defensive riding through the next weekend and the following week. Yay us :(

And he's not very strong mentally as it is, right?

RedheadDane said:
Publicus said:

I think that’s been the knock on him . . . that he’s not handled the mental adversity well. We will see how he handles this . . . He’s obviously got the physical level to be on the podium, I hope he attacks aggressively to get back time. He’ll have a lot of allies (Trek, EF and AG2R immediately come to mind)

Publicus said:
RedheadDane said:
Publicus said:

I think that’s been the knock on him . . . that he’s not handled the mental adversity well. We will see how he handles this . . . He’s obviously got the physical level to be on the podium, I hope he attacks aggressively to get back time. He’ll have a lot of allies (Trek, EF and AG2R immediately come to mind)

There's a train waiting on the looong steady Tour climbs and then there are some descents. Honestly I can't see how he can challenge Ineos. But there is one free spot on the podium.

TRENDING THREADS