• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Tour de France, stage 2: Bruxelles - Brussel 27,6 km TT

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Broccolidwarf said:
KZD said:
Its a tough one to call but I still expect Jumbo to narrowly win ahead of DQS, Ineos, Mitchelton and EF. I don't really believe on Sunweb because Dumoulin isn't on the team and Kelderman is not at his best either.

I initally picked EF, but when they didn't select Craddock and Phinney, I changed my mind :)
There are like 5 riders in EF roster who have been consistently better than Phinney and at least on par with Craddock in ITTs recently. :)

sir fly said:
tobydawq said:
sir fly said:
What's your take on average speed/finishing time, people?

Probably not faster than 55 kph. Headwind, and despite a visually flat-looking profile, the altitude info indicates that there are a few rolling hills that will suppress the speed a little.
55 would be a fairly high mark.
But it's about percents of it, anyway, I assume.

You're probably right. 53?

tobydawq said:
sir fly said:
tobydawq said:
sir fly said:
What's your take on average speed/finishing time, people?

Probably not faster than 55 kph. Headwind, and despite a visually flat-looking profile, the altitude info indicates that there are a few rolling hills that will suppress the speed a little.
55 would be a fairly high mark.
But it's about percents of it, anyway, I assume.

You're probably right. 53?
Not sure, really.
At first glance, I thought about something between 50 and 55 (guessing whether it'll be closer to 50 or 55 could've been amusing).
But after a closer look, I won't be surprised if it goes beyond 55.
Profile and parcourse are very similar to the last year's ttt, but the length is for a higher speed.
Also, the wind and surface will play a part, so around 55 is the safest to say.