• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Tour de France, stage 3: Binche - Epernay, 215km

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Matteo. said:
Pinot- Bernal with 5s on the rest. not bad
Thomas left the gap!
:D

GC
Clipboard.jpg

Re: Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
Matteo. said:
I thought I knew how they measure gaps but those 5s have made me question my understanding of the rules. Is it not the gap from the backwheel of the last rider in the first group to the frontwheel of the first rider in the next group?

No. Its the gap from the front wheel of the first group, to the front wheel of the 2nd.

Re: Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
Matteo. said:
I thought I knew how they measure gaps but those 5s have made me question my understanding of the rules. Is it not the gap from the backwheel of the last rider in the first group to the frontwheel of the first rider in the next group?

No way there were 5 sec. there but why not give Pinot 5 sec? Bernal just got lucky.

TRENDING THREADS