• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

2019 Tour de France, stage 9: Saint-Étienne>Brioude 170,5Km

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A story of égalité on Friday, fraternité yesterday and liberté today.
Congrats to Impey. Excellent ride and a big result for him.
South Africa has a nice number of victories at the Tour.

Bennot lost his finishing ability developing in climbing strong all-rounder.

Nice Sunday afternoon watching.

Re:

Sestriere said:
Congrats to Impey! He was very very strong. And also trusted a lot in his sprint the way he was leading the last 1.5 km.
No need trusting in your sprint when you're facing Benoot. You can trust in Benoot's sprint :lol:
Especially when that dufus keeps dom'ing for Impey.
sir fly said:
Benoot ever had finishing ability?

Re: Re:

Logic-is-your-friend said:
Sestriere said:
Congrats to Impey! He was very very strong. And also trusted a lot in his sprint the way he was leading the last 1.5 km.
No need trusting in your sprint when you're facing Benoot. You can trust in Benoot's sprint :lol:
Especially when that dufus keeps dom'ing for Impey.
sir fly said:
Didn't he make top fives in Dauphiné bunch sprints a few years ago?

Re:

Danskebjerge said:
Stages like this one is the reason why I prefer one day races ... Zzz.
Cant expect them to go all out like yesterday everyday. I hoped we would have a break conistent of one or two who could threaten the jersey a bit, but cant have it all.

Tomorrow looks somewhat interesting if a big break goes again, that will be hard to control.

sir fly said:
sir fly said:
Yes, I think he had back then when we thought he'd be more of a cobbled classic rider than the all-rounder he's now.
As a neopro he was pretty fast but even that Benoot wouldn't have been close to beating Impey. Just unlucky that the one guy that can follow him is a half sprinter like Impey.

sir fly said:
sir fly said:
Yes, I think he had back then when we thought he'd be more of a cobbled classic rider than the all-rounder he's now.
Benoot always was an allrounder :rolleyes:
He finished 20th in the TDF 2 years ago. He finished 12th in the Dauphiné that year. He was climbing very good in TDS 3 or 4 years ago (his first year) was 17th in GC when he had to give up. He has won one race in his pro carreer, last year. He was never a finisher.

sir fly said:
sir fly said:
He finished 20th in the TDF 2 years ago. He finished 12th in the Dauphiné that year. He was climbing very good in TDS 3 or 4 years ago (his first year) was 17th in GC when he had to give up. He has won one race in his pro carreer, last year. He was never a finisher.
Excuse me for being wrong. Just got confused by his early pro years and the time it took him to profile himself to the level of pro victory.

sir fly said:
sir fly said:
I see that he was fourth in Paris-Tours in 2015 and first of a lot of riders at same time. It seems like it was a sprint he won there.

Valv.Piti said:
Danskebjerge said:
Stages like this one is the reason why I prefer one day races ... Zzz.
Cant expect them to go all out like yesterday everyday. I hoped we would have a break conistent of one or two who could threaten the jersey a bit, but cant have it all.

Tomorrow looks somewhat interesting if a big break goes again, that will be hard to control.

Think Bora and Sunweb will try to control tomorrow

I think so many of you key board warriors are very had on Benoot ...he is a rider who can win on tough terrain
Today's finish was not hard enough

Once Impey got back on there was only one winner ...and that would have been the same for all the top 10 on GC

Get a grip will ye

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS