• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Tour de l'Avenir /// 15th - 25th of August (2.Ncup)

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Pretty sure this will be the GC

Foss
Aleotti
Van Wilder
Champoussin
Clipboard.jpg

Reactions: Samamba
Foss is really the strongest gc guy, but he's also already 22 years old and Scandinavians are often alrealy at their best at a young age.
I assumed that this route could help Zimmermann and it's probably also helping Aleotti. Still, he's riding for a smaller ct team that only signs regional prospects from the Friuli regions and let them grow without a ton of pressure, h should still have lots of room to improve.

Foss is really the strongest gc guy, but he's also already 22 years old and Scandinavians are often alrealy at their best at a young age.
I assumed that this route could help Zimmermann and it's probably also helping Aleotti. Still, he's riding for a smaller ct team that only signs regional prospects from the Friuli regions and let them grow without a ton of pressure, h should still have lots of room to improve.

I get a Ravasi feeling. I'm more hyped about Aleotti and Val Wilder being 2nd and 3rd then Foss being 1st.

I get a Ravasi feeling. I'm more hyped about Aleotti and Val Wilder being 2nd and 3rd then Foss being 1st.
Yes, I still think that as a pro Aleotti will be better in hilly one day races and shorter stage races than in gts. The thing with Van Wilder is that he is not just someone who benefits from the short mountain stages. He has shown in the Giro della Vall d'Aosta that he cslan handle really hard mountain stages, despite being only a first year u23 rider.

So all this time we've all been hyping the wrong '99 Italian rider, ie Bagioli?

So all this time we've all been hyping the wrong '99 Italian rider, ie Bagioli?
Bagilio is legit. He’s been really unlucky in all three major stage races this year. Sickness before any mountain in the Giro, got sent up the wrong roads in Valle d’Aosta and crashed here in l’Avenir. I’m banking on him already showing flashes of brilliance next year with DQS.

TRENDING THREADS