• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Tour de Suisse

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Broccolidwarf said:
DQ Tour team should be:

Mas
Alaphilippe
Viviani
Richeze
Morkov
Lamaert
Asgreen
- and then a climber to help Mas out in the mountains.
Devenyns is scheduled for the Tour. Both Mas and Alaphilippe want him there. I doubt they'll leave out Gilbert.

This means either Lampaert or Asgreen is out, probably the former. But this will leave them without someone like Declercq to work on the flat in the sprint stages.

Brian Holm is usually always bragging how QuickStep always do their job in the front of the peloton when their sprinter has a chance to win.

They haven't lifted a finger the last two days, which obviously makes it much, much easier for them in the finale with the other sprinters' teams being completely depleted.

Re:

tobydawq said:
Brian Holm is usually always bragging how QuickStep always do their job in the front of the peloton when their sprinter has a chance to win.

They haven't lifted a finger the last two days, which obviously makes it much, much easier for them in the finale with the other sprinters' teams being completely depleted.
I'm not a fan of QS either but it wouldn't have changed much, it's not like they're going to use Richeze to pull the peloton. Plus Bora has the yellow jersey so they're expected to be the ones doing the work.

Re: Re:

Screecher said:
tobydawq said:

I'm not a fan of QS either but it wouldn't have changed much, it's not like they're going to use Richeze to pull the peloton. Plus Bora has the yellow jersey so they're expected to be the ones doing the work.

Well, they wouldn't have been able to line up five riders in the finale (maybe, if Devenyns had been put to work) and even Sunweb and the Swiss team helped with the chase. Uncharacteristic by Deceuninck to not give a hand, especially two days in a row.

Re: Re:

Breh said:
Broccolidwarf said:
DQ Tour team should be:

Mas
Alaphilippe
Viviani
Richeze
Morkov
Lamaert
Asgreen
Devenyns is scheduled for the Tour. Both Mas and Alaphilippe want him there. I doubt they'll leave out Gilbert.

This means either Lampaert or Asgreen is out, probably the former. But this will leave them without someone like Declercq to work on the flat in the sprint stages.

I think the way Lampaert and Asgreen are riding, both Devenyns and Declercq will miss the squad, because they can do the exact same job, but better - as well as help on light to intermediate mountain stages.

I understand the attraction to select Gilbert, I just don't see what he does for the team really, on either flat stages or mountain stages, where it will either be about Viviani or Mas..... I'd pick one of the young climbers instead.

Re:

tobydawq said:

So... basically what all the other sprinter teams have been doing with them for years.

Broccolidwarf said:
Breh said:
Broccolidwarf said:
DQ Tour team should be:

Mas
Alaphilippe
Viviani
Richeze
Morkov
Lamaert
Asgreen

I think the way Lampaert and Asgreen are riding, both Devenyns and Declercq will miss the squad, because they can do the exact same job, but better - as well as help on light to intermediate mountain stages.

I understand the attraction to select Gilbert, I just don't see what he does for the team really, on either flat stages or mountain stages, where it will either be about Viviani or Mas..... I'd pick one of the young climbers instead.

Devenyns in most definitely riding. He's Alaphilippe's guy, and Mas wants him there as well.

I think Mas, Alaphilippe, Viviani, Richeze, Devenyns and Gilbert are definitely going to the Tour. Then I think the last two spots are between Lampaert, Asgreen and Morkov. I would definitely leave out Morkov because they already have a good sprint train without him, plus need more helpers on the flat.

Re:

Vroome.exe said:
I think Mas, Alaphilippe, Viviani, Richeze, Devenyns and Gilbert are definitely going to the Tour. Then I think the last two spots are between Lampaert, Asgreen and Morkov. I would definitely leave out Morkov because they already have a good sprint train without him, plus need more helpers on the flat.
Morkev is save, it's between Asgreen and Lampaert, and only for the job as the tractor on the flat. Most likely it will go to Asgreen, as he is of more use in the TTT (according to Het Nieuwsblad).

Could people please stop saying that rider x or y is safe regarding Deceuninck's Tour squad? You can't possibly know that. I think the only two who are truly safe are Enric Mas and Julian Alaphilippe. Probably also Viviani now that he won a couple of stages in Switzerland.

Hopefully Don Lefevre and Holm for once skip the sprint train, as they do not have much to say in that side of the office this year.

All for Mas and Alaphilippe, built for ttt and balanced gc support. Route is build for Bardet and Pinot, if DQS slash them in ttt like they any day can, they could end up high. Alaphilippe and Mas are better tt'ers than Pinot and Bardet.

TRENDING THREADS