• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2020...2021 Olympic Women's Road Race, Tokyo, 137 KM

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Judging by the kit she's wearing on her PCS photo, she might also know a thing or two about cooking!

anna-kiesenhofer-2020.jpeg

I got really worried when she got off the bike. I couldnt tell if she was crying or hyperventilating
She was absolutely dying on the bike in the last lap, you could see her gasping for air on that twisty Tilke bit, and she lost a lot of time there, I don't think she was showboating except right at the line, she was just blown up.

This was Jacky Durand winning Ronde van Vlaanderen... but in the style of Sergey Sukhoruchenkov winning in Moscow.

She was absolutely dying on the bike in the last lap, you could see her gasping for air on that twisty Tilke bit, and she lost a lot of time there, I don't think she was showboating except right at the line, she was just blown up.

This was Jacky Durand winning Ronde van Vlaanderen... but in the style of Sergey Sukhoruchenkov winning in Moscow.
Yeah, I also got a bit worried when she was lying on the ground.

not sure but i think it is very normal to celebrate silver, especially with avv's history. i think everyone sees it on the clock too, that there is another winner.

kiesenhofer was amazing, top quality. Breakaway yes, but surviving it in this manner is class.

If you saw her face a minute after she had celebrated with her trainer, you know that it was absolutely not a celebration of a second place!

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS