• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2020 National Championships

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yes. I so badly wanted someone anyone from a team that will do a nice kit to win it. But no, we get stuck with the horrible Astana NT kits.
The Spanish flag colours stand out very clearly over the Astana light blue. Comparing Valverde's kit this year with Gorka Izagirre's kit last year, the only difference is the white vs light blue background. I can't see why Valverde's kit was OK but Gorka's was horrible.

The Spanish flag colours stand out very clearly over the Astana light blue. Comparing Valverde's kit this year with Gorka Izagirre's kit last year, the only difference is the white vs light blue background. I can't see why Valverde's kit was OK but Gorka's was horrible.

Valverdes was great because it improved on the usual Movi crap but below is what is wanted
DSekxbIW0AU8uc-.jpg

Reactions: Koronin

Because like what Movistar typically does is just throw bands of the colors on the already done kit. No, they won't look any better on an Astana kit than they look on the Movistar kit, which is what they did last season.

I'd actually like to see what a team that actually does good National Championship kits could do with it. I'd love to see DQS do a real National Champions kit for Spain. Unfortunately that's highly unlikely to ever happen.

Because like what Movistar typically does is just throw bands of the colors on the already done kit. No, they won't look any better on an Astana kit than they look on the Movistar kit, which is what they did last season.

I'd actually like to see what a team that actually does good National Championship kits could do with it. I'd love to see DQS do a real National Champions kit for Spain. Unfortunately that's highly unlikely to ever happen.
20061668-66079.jpg

It was a very CLOSE win though, 1/1000 of a second. UNO-X even put in a protest.

A person from NCF (the norwegian cycling assosication) said this:
"We are not going to say that it is clear, but it is so clear it can be with the pictures we have. Then Bystrøm is ahead."

Rune Thorkildsen, the person who made the decision that Bystrøm was the Champion, said this in an interview with TV2 who broadcasted the race:
"I understand Hvideberg is disappointed, but I have to judge from what I see, says the judge.

- What do you see?
In the photo from the finish line, I judge Bystrøm first. That is just how it is. It is my experience that says.

- Is it possible to separate them?
It is very close, so there it just has to go on my feeling about it.

- What assessment do you make then?
You see it on the move and how the arc is in relation to the line, simply.

He says that it is not allowed to judge (a shared victory) in Norwegian championships.

-We very rarely (decide it to be a shared victory). You should always have a winner in a bike race he explains."

The paranthesis are my own translation because google translate didn't have any good suggestions.

The video of the finish can be found here: https://www.tv2.no/sport/11601253/

The funny thing is that in the women's elite road race it was just as close, and they even gave the victory to the wrong person first. 9/1000 of a second was the difference between the winner and the runner-up (who was given the victory first). The runner-up is 45 years old btw. You can see the last KMs here: https://www.tv2.no/sport/11600797/

I am absolutely convinced that they gave the victory to the wrong guy.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
What Astana does to nat champ jerseys - well, except the Kazakh one - just proves that standing out isn't always a good thing. Sometimes standing out is an eyesore.
Sure, the colours of the Spanish flag does stand out pretty clearly against the Kazakh colours of the Astana kit, because it's a terrible colour combination, and it kind of hurts my eyes...

Reactions: Sandisfan
So... Latvian Road Race Championship is tomorrow, which means that - rather confusingly - Skujins will be back in ordinary Trek kit.
Must kinda suck for the national federation that the only time they could hold the National Championship was during the TdF.

Kjell Carlström became national champion during 2009 Vuelta. He had finished 2nd but the original winner was busted for doping and the verdict was confirmed during the Vuelta.

TRENDING THREADS