• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

2020 Tokyo Olympics - road race course

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Koronin said:
They could easily put ONE of the loops into the women's race that the men's race has and still be within the limited distance the women's race is allowed. Thus the explanation is not an explanation.

For 2024 there are some interesting places they could do a RR and ITT in France. However, for 2028 in LA, what I would LOVE to see is a RR in the hills on the east side of LA and a ITT at the coast. A finish on top of Mt Baldy would be awesome as well, but just put some climbs from the east side of LA into the route somewhere for BOTH races. It's really not that hard to come up with a great course in LA. If they do a course like that I'd seriously consider flying out there for it and then see about getting some tickets for a few other events while out there.
2024 will be Champs Elisee, was already mentioned in the brochure for the candidature.
 
Re: Re:

Nirvana said:
Koronin said:
They could easily put ONE of the loops into the women's race that the men's race has and still be within the limited distance the women's race is allowed. Thus the explanation is not an explanation.

For 2024 there are some interesting places they could do a RR and ITT in France. However, for 2028 in LA, what I would LOVE to see is a RR in the hills on the east side of LA and a ITT at the coast. A finish on top of Mt Baldy would be awesome as well, but just put some climbs from the east side of LA into the route somewhere for BOTH races. It's really not that hard to come up with a great course in LA. If they do a course like that I'd seriously consider flying out there for it and then see about getting some tickets for a few other events while out there.
2024 will be Champs Elisee, was already mentioned in the brochure for the candidature.
Well, that's pretty horrible.
 
in a 5 man team, who is going to chase?

Alaphilippe-Pinot-Bardet-Gallopin-Gaudu
Nibali-Moscon-Aru-Ulissi-Formolo
Valverde-Landa-Mas-Izaguirre-Soler
Uran-Quintana-Lopez-Bernal-Henao
Froome-Thomas-Yates-Yates-Geoghegan Hart
Dumuolin-Poels-Kruijswijk-Mollema-Kelderman
Wellens-Van Avermaet-Benoot-Lambrecht-Gilbert
 
Re:

Asero831 said:
in a 5 man team, who is going to chase?

Alaphilippe-Pinot-Bardet-Gallopin-Gaudu
Nibali-Moscon-Aru-Ulissi-Formolo
Valverde-Landa-Mas-Izaguirre-Soler
Uran-Quintana-Lopez-Bernal-Henao
Froome-Thomas-Yates-Yates-Geoghegan Hart
Dumuolin-Poels-Kruijswijk-Mollema-Kelderman
Wellens-Van Avermaet-Benoot-Lambrecht-Gilbert
The ones who are left behind. Everyone will try to be in front, and I think every big team will bring at least two workhorses, just in case.
 
Re:

Asero831 said:
in a 5 man team, who is going to chase?

Alaphilippe-Pinot-Bardet-Gallopin-Gaudu
Nibali-Moscon-Aru-Ulissi-Formolo
Valverde-Landa-Mas-Izaguirre-Soler
Uran-Quintana-Lopez-Bernal-Henao
Froome-Thomas-Yates-Yates-Geoghegan Hart
Dumuolin-Poels-Kruijswijk-Mollema-Kelderman
Wellens-Van Avermaet-Benoot-Lambrecht-Gilbert

For the Spanish team, Valverde is the only accomplished and proven one day racer.

Both the French and Spanish teams at last year's Worlds found a way to co-exist and work together.

However, I'd expect anyone trying to win will be on/near the front anyway.
 
Re: Re:

Koronin said:
Asero831 said:
in a 5 man team, who is going to chase?

Alaphilippe-Pinot-Bardet-Gallopin-Gaudu
Nibali-Moscon-Aru-Ulissi-Formolo
Valverde-Landa-Mas-Izaguirre-Soler
Uran-Quintana-Lopez-Bernal-Henao
Froome-Thomas-Yates-Yates-Geoghegan Hart
Dumuolin-Poels-Kruijswijk-Mollema-Kelderman
Wellens-Van Avermaet-Benoot-Lambrecht-Gilbert

For the Spanish team, Valverde is the only accomplished and proven one day racer.

Both the French and Spanish teams at last year's Worlds found a way to co-exist and work together.

However, I'd expect anyone trying to win will be on/near the front anyway.
But the rest of the team are able to get over a hill higher than 500 metres. :D
 
Re: Re:

wheresmybrakes said:
Koronin said:
Asero831 said:
in a 5 man team, who is going to chase?

Alaphilippe-Pinot-Bardet-Gallopin-Gaudu
Nibali-Moscon-Aru-Ulissi-Formolo
Valverde-Landa-Mas-Izaguirre-Soler
Uran-Quintana-Lopez-Bernal-Henao
Froome-Thomas-Yates-Yates-Geoghegan Hart
Dumuolin-Poels-Kruijswijk-Mollema-Kelderman
Wellens-Van Avermaet-Benoot-Lambrecht-Gilbert

For the Spanish team, Valverde is the only accomplished and proven one day racer.

Both the French and Spanish teams at last year's Worlds found a way to co-exist and work together.

However, I'd expect anyone trying to win will be on/near the front anyway.
But the rest of the team are able to get over a hill higher than 500 metres. :D
If I'm not wrong you're talking about a guy who won at least 25 MTF in his career, right?
 
S Yates says he wants Giro this year, Olympics next year and then Tour in 2021. If anyone was to target the Olympics outright at the start of the year in 2020 what would be best GT to do, Giro?
 
Re:

Poursuivant said:
S Yates says he wants Giro this year, Olympics next year and then Tour in 2021. If anyone was to target the Olympics outright at the start of the year in 2020 what would be best GT to do, Giro?
Vuelta if any I'd say. I don't think you can easily use a GT for one-day-race prep.
 
Re:

Poursuivant said:
S Yates says he wants Giro this year, Olympics next year and then Tour in 2021. If anyone was to target the Olympics outright at the start of the year in 2020 what would be best GT to do, Giro?
Yes.

It's also a bit silly, a bit funny and a bit awesome that he says that if he was his own rival, he would be shitting himself with the prospect of having to race against him in this Giro.

Edit: I see you posted this in the other thread, but oh well...
 
Re: Re:

Blanco said:
wheresmybrakes said:
Koronin said:
Asero831 said:
in a 5 man team, who is going to chase?

Alaphilippe-Pinot-Bardet-Gallopin-Gaudu
Nibali-Moscon-Aru-Ulissi-Formolo
Valverde-Landa-Mas-Izaguirre-Soler
Uran-Quintana-Lopez-Bernal-Henao
Froome-Thomas-Yates-Yates-Geoghegan Hart
Dumuolin-Poels-Kruijswijk-Mollema-Kelderman
Wellens-Van Avermaet-Benoot-Lambrecht-Gilbert

For the Spanish team, Valverde is the only accomplished and proven one day racer.

Both the French and Spanish teams at last year's Worlds found a way to co-exist and work together.

However, I'd expect anyone trying to win will be on/near the front anyway.
But the rest of the team are able to get over a hill higher than 500 metres. :D
If I'm not wrong you're talking about a guy who won at least 25 MTF in his career, right?

Yep, we are.
 
Re:

Poursuivant said:
S Yates says he wants Giro this year, Olympics next year and then Tour in 2021. If anyone was to target the Olympics outright at the start of the year in 2020 what would be best GT to do, Giro?
Definitely the Tour, but without riding for the GC. The strongest guys in August usually come from the Tour.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS