• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2020 World Championships - now confirmed for Imola, Italy.

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dumoulin doing TT and road. He is also confirmed sole Dutch leader

Selectie Nederland voor het WK wielrennen 2020 (27 september)

Tom Dumoulin
Robert Gesink
Antwan Tolhoek
Pascal Eenkhoorn
Dylan van Baarle
Pieter Weening
Sam Oomen
Martijn Tusveld

Selectie Nederland voor het WK tijdrijden 2020 (25 september)
Tom Dumoulin
Jos van Emden
LankyElasticIrishdraughthorse-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Rollthedice
Dumoulin doing TT and road. He is also confirmed sole Dutch leader

Selectie Nederland voor het WK wielrennen 2020 (27 september)
Tom Dumoulin
Robert Gesink
Antwan Tolhoek
Pascal Eenkhoorn
Dylan van Baarle
Pieter Weening
Sam Oomen
Martijn Tusveld

Selectie Nederland voor het WK tijdrijden 2020 (25 september)
Tom Dumoulin
Jos van Emden
Meh...They should have made a 3 leaders approach with Dumoulin, Gesink and Weening. A three headed monster.

Asgreen got interview on his selection for the TT on Danish TV tonight.

He said he has spent a lot of time during the Corona break on his TT bike, and working with the national team trainers to optimize his TT.

He may be a dark horse for gold..... though my favorite is Kung, who I think comes out of the Tour in stellar shape.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Norwegian team:

Men:

ITT
Andreas Leknessund, Uno-X Pro Cycling Team

RR
Odd Christian Eiking, Circus – Wanty Gobert
Carl Fredrik Hagen, Lotto Soudal
Markus Hoelgaard, Uno-X Pro Cycling Team
Amund Grøndahl Jansen, Jumbo-Visma
Vegard Stake Laengen, UAE Team Emirates
Andreas Leknessund, Uno-X Pro Cycling Team

RR Women
Susanne Andersen, Team Sunweb
Stine Borgli, FDJ Nouvelle Aquitaine Futuroscope
Martine Gjøs, Ringerike SK
Ingrid Lorvik, Hitec Products
Mie Bjørndal Ottestad, Asker CK
Katrine Aalerud, Movistar Team Women

Will be interesting to see Leknessund against all the top pros for the first time.

I'm not sure Van Aert has that much of a chance here at all. Outsider maybe, but he's dug very deep this Tour, and 260km of constant climbing is not really like what he's been doing in France, which are basically 30 minute watt sessions. Cyclocross background means he's used to constant ups and downs, but not this long - and by that I mean both the climbs and the race itself. Would be very surprised if he'll be able to follow someone like Fuglsang in the last 30km .

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
I'm not sure Van Aert has that much of a chance here at all. Outsider maybe, but he's dug very deep this Tour, and 260km of constant climbing is not really like what he's been doing in France, which are basically 30 minute watt sessions. Cyclocross background means he's used to constant ups and downs, but not this long - and by that I mean both the climbs and the race itself. Would be very surprised if he'll be able to follow someone like Fuglsang in the last 30km .

I would have considered him one of the favourites here, but going by the selections of the national teams I seem to have misread the profile. Looks like the coaches and riders see this very much as a climber's, not a puncheur's or allrounder's course.
Fuglsang still remains the favourite no1 for me.

He's made it clear on Belgian TV that his goal is to win, so he seems to really fancy his chances.

Would be very surprised if anyone will be able to follow Fuglsang in the last 30 km.

TRENDING THREADS