• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2020 World Championships - now confirmed for Imola, Italy.

Page 61 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
They're annoying Italy, it's the same in football, they line up with a bunch of capricious mercenaries who suddenly decide to bury themselves for the team as soon as they put on the national colours. That 2006 world cup team still irritates me, but I did enjoy seeing them shithouse their way to the final.

Watching the controversial Moscon playing the Fabio Cannavaro role last year really did confuse my perception of him.

They're annoying Italy, it's the same in football, they line up with a bunch of capricious mercenaries who suddenly decide to bury themselves for the team as soon as they put on the national colours. That 2006 world cup team still irritates me, but I did enjoy seeing them shithouse their way to the final.

Watching the controversial Moscon playing the Fabio Cannavaro role last year really did confuse my perception of him.
Bit harsh on 2006 Cannavaro to compare one of the greatest defensive performances in football history to Moscon.

Also a bit harsh to call the Italian team mercenaries.

Moscon really turns into a teamplayer when he rides for Italy, Cassani seems to get the best out of him. Many riders like Nibali have cone forward and said that they used to dislike him, but that he's actually a great guy when he's not competing. The guy has some legit anger issues.
At least nobody on this Italian team seems to be as bad as Materazzi, de Rossi or Buffon (durning his younger days) who were all in the same league as Di Canio, but not that openly...

Reactions: Sandisfan
Moscon really turns into a teamplayer when he rides for Italy, Cassani seems to get the best out of him. Many riders like Nibali have cone forward and said that they used to dislike him, but that he's actually a great guy when he's not competing. The guy has some legit anger issues.
At least nobody on this Italian team seems to be as bad as Materazzi, de Rossi or Buffon (durning his younger days) who were all in the same league as Di Canio, but not that openly...

Oh I used to hate Materazzi...

Reactions: Zinoviev Letter
Bit harsh on 2006 Cannavaro to compare one of the greatest defensive performances in football history to Moscon.

Also a bit harsh to call the Italian team mercenaries.

Moscon, a tool indeed, but was man of the match in the last world championships, one of the finest examples of burying yourself for the team in harsh conditions in recent times, the Cannavaro of the race if you will, just Trentin didn't have the legs to finish it off.

They've dummed it down on the emotion this year, but i have Nibs, Brambilla and Ullisi on that start list capable of throwing down if the conditions are right for it.

Oh I used to hate Materazzi...

Check out Di Rossi's elbow on Brian Mcbride in that tournament, borderline criminal, what a defensive unit they had though.

Just bumped in with fast forward from the start up to now. Squirky to observe Mikkel Honoré pulling free with aim to greet his family-in-law and parts of agrresive riding from other Danes downhill using alot of effort while peleton is free wheeling. Either it is a sign of scary form or it is, to say the least, very bad tactics, using important matches way too early.

The guy even tried to bully some local amateurs from South Tyrol when they were playing a friendly with Inter for speaking German with eachother in the locker room and used xenophobic slurs. A total scumbag.

Why are there so many Italian footballers with evil nutcase political opinions? In most countries footballers rarely have strongly held convictions on subjects other than the desirability of having affairs with their teammates girlfriends and buying expensively ugly property in Dubai.