• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia, Stage 1: Torino - Torino 8.6 km ITT

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

It is...

• Ganna happen

Votes: 37 45.1%
  • not Ganna happen

Votes: 45 54.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Showtime tomorrow:

15h43 Cavagna

16h52 Evenepoel
16h53 Ganna

Thanks for posting that!
Soler starts 1min before Remco. Would be pretty amazing if he came close to catching him… o_O

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Ganna does not have the form because we just saw him losing 1 week ago. However the one that comes from a big injury that hasn't raced in 8 months does. My head is spinning now!!!! :D

Remco is of unknown form, but Ganna isn’t, it’s really not that hard to follow. Would it really be that surprising if he beat a Ganna who has finished behind Herrada and Soler in his last two races against the clock?

Gannas new bike

E0x8CRTWQAIZrqH

E0x8D8qXMAIwv0A

If Remco beats Ganna I will be surprised because of:

• Remco being in Super form
  • Ganna not being in form.
Either way I will be surprised. So my conclusion is that I expect Ganna to beat Remco. IMHO. If not I have to assume that something is wrong with Ganna. If nothing is wrong with him then I will be more shock of Remco coming off 8 months with no racing comes and beat him.

No climbs on this one and really short, hard to predict. I think it's gonna be a close one. I'm kinda glad Ganna isn't that dominant anymore, finally the TT stages with him at the start are more interesting. I think he is gonna take it tho but with a small difference.

If Remco beats Ganna I will be surprised because of:

• Remco being in Super form
  • Ganna not being in form.
Either way I will be surprised. So my conclusion is that I expect Ganna to beat Remco. IMHO. If not I have to assume that something is wrong with Ganna. If nothing is wrong with him then I will be more shock of Remco coming off 8 months with no racing comes and beat him.
It's a 10 minute effort. I'd actually be worried if Evenepoel wouldn't come at least close because in that case it would mean he's either missing the power, or he's hampered by his injury in his ITT position. Normally such a short effort doesn't play to his strength, but i feel if there is one stage that would not necessarily be an issue with a short prep campaign, it's this one. And even though he's better at longer efforts, he's done great short ITT's in the past as well. With Ganna not winning 3 consecutive ITT's, i don't know why you would expect him to be in great shape.

TRENDING THREADS