• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia, Stage 12: Siena – Bagno di Romagna 212 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

This stage will be more exciting than the previous one

• Yes

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 30 52.6%
  • Another stupid poll

Votes: 18 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mark my words... it will be absolute carnage!!

If, and only if, Remco has the legs we will try something (his big ego is bleeding and he needs to make a statement)
Ineos is on beast mode at this Giro

Besides i think that some of the top10 GC guys are already hanging by a thread so tomorrow some of them will be all over the place when they reach the summit of Passo Della Calla!

The best of it, we still have stage 14 and 16 :)

Not a medium mountain stage at all. This is the first full fledged real mountain stage, plus it is rather long. Likely more than 6 hours in the saddle

RCS seems to have been on crack when they assigned the categories. 17.1km at 5.7% is a rather hard cat 1, that has a cat 2 rating. The next climb at 15.3km at 5.5% is also a cat 1. Final climb is easily a cat 2, as is the initial climb.

May not see big time gaps on this stage, but someone in the GC, unless this becomes a total piano stage, will lose big time here
With the Giro, to be quite honest I'm surprised both of them give points at all!

Mark my words... it will be absolute carnage!!

If, and only if, Remco has the legs we will try something (his big ego is bleeding and he needs to make a statement)
Ineos is on beast mode at this Giro

Besides i think that some of the top10 GC guys are already hanging by a thread so tomorrow some of them will be all over the place when they reach the summit of Passo Della Calla!

The best of it, we still have stage 14 and 16 :)
Looking at how much time guys like Soler and Ciccone lost despite being dropped so much closer to the finish than Remco I concur that another big shake up is on the cards if any team has the will to set an infernal pace on the penultimate climb.

Highly likely that a breakaway wins, obviously.

Mader is the obvious attacker and can win , as long as his last placing yesterday was just about conserving energy and not a sign of declining form.

Koen Bouwman has been great lately. If his recent efforts haven't cost him then he's my pick to win.

But of course the wildcards are Dan Martin and Davide Formolo after their losses in Stage 11. If either gets into the break then they will be very clear favourites.

Martin will have a go probably. Bernal will want to turn the screws some more and Ineos must be happy with Moscon's form this season. Good stage for the break. Wonder if Yates also might try something as he was happy just to follow yesterday on a stage he was concerned about.

An important one for Remco imho, after yesterdays Hell of the South.
Probably not too much issues for any GC contender. So either he can follow them today, which would indicate there is nothing wrong with his form. And then everything is still possible.
Or he gets temporarily distanced again because he isn't fully recovered, and then they better pull him out of the Giro and give him a more realistic build up towards the Olympics.

TRENDING THREADS