• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia, Stage 14: Cittadella – Monte Zoncolan 204 km

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Clickety-Click!

• Voodoo Shark!

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • DROPPED!

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • ATTACK!

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • Someone to fall over on the steepest part

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Two-races-in-one kind of day

Votes: 21 37.5%

• Total voters
On the other hand, the gap is 4:40 between the two now and Almeida would have least gained back 1:45 on the gravel stage with looking better than Remco again today. My guess would be that if they can ride free, they will end up similar in GC. But then again that doesn't really matter that much since its max. a lower top 10 anyway.

Ya, they'd be better off losing time with one of them tomorrow (probably Almeida since Remco can't descend) and have Almeida try and win on Monday. Remco can try and hang on himself and if he loses time on Monday, just sit up and go for a stage win on 17 or 19.

At this point, they're just riding for a top 10 in GC for Remco. I'd say a stage win for him would actually be worth more at this point

They bought all the TV rights and have to sell their inferior broadcast
yeah not like they are going to come out here and say well this huge stage that we've been advertisting for so long - that kinda sucked.

Overall this side of Zoncolan is a huge no, many people here predicted a snoozefest until the final 3km, my stance was that this is still the Zoncolan we are talking about, but it turned out to be so much easier to control than I expected.

Great win for Fortunato, a very wholesome moment. As far as GC goes, Bernal just looks too strong, I was confident Yates was gonna drop him and gain few seconds in the final 400-600m, but then he just sprinted like it was a 5% gradient lmao. Still, good to see Yates attacking, hoping the peak is yet to come, still 3 stages left to do some big things, altough obviously hard to look past Bernal, even with Moscon injured and Sivakov out, you still have Martinez riding like he could be challenging for the podium.

Hoping the queen stage on monday delivers, mainly Remco and Vlasov with disappointing results today so maybe them & Carthy too go for it.

Reactions: postmanhat
Same as last year when TGH took it..Never had this lazy scumbag of field! Fannypacking cyclists everywhere and whatnot. So easy. :D
Didnt say it was easy, but with Landa crashing out, Nibali Injured, Remco much weaker than hyped, Yates anonymous until today and the rest just meh, this is sure a weaker field than expected and have little tension for the overall win.

Didnt say it was easy, but with Landa crashing out, Nibali Injured, Remco much weaker than hyped, Yates anonymous until today and the rest just meh, this is sure a weaker field than expected and have little tension for the overall win.
The field is freaking stacked. Just because one guy is overperforming and some are underperforming doesn't mean that there aren't many great GC riders here. Honestly just the presence of Pog or Rog could really turn it up a notch imo.

I still think for his first race after that long injury hes riding quite good. Obviously not winning this bike race but who in their right mind expected that in his first ever GT and after a very long period of no racing at all.
Before the race:

red_flanders Big Doopie MADRAZO Hugo Koblet spalco Bavarianrider 18-Valve. (pithy) Poursuivant jflemaire SafeBet Red Rick LesDiablesRouges OK93fin Baldinger Broccolidwarf VDB44 Vroome.exe Jungle Cycle Frankschleck Roku Valanga pangelang hayneplane Boes Wvv Bonimenier Marek houtdffan Phoi Berflamand Eeslliw davidebert95 Lui98 Nostradumbass TomBonnen2005 Glorfindel wpt123 Juldand

After the first week:

Avoriaz red_flanders Hugo Koblet spalco jflemaire Akuryo Andy262 Broccolidwarf VDB44 Rackham Smachinho_ Valanga hayneplane Bonimenier houtdffan Ranagazoo Berflamand JosefK davidebert95 Lui98 TomBonnen2005 Glorfindel Juldand

TRENDING THREADS