• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia, Stage 17: Canazei - Sega di Ala 193 km

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

How acquainted shall we be with the finish line during the stage?

• Not at all

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Just the regular Bernie stuff

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Few shots due to loss of live coverage

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • They might show some shots of more than a few seconds...

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • All the finish line shots!

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
I was agreeing with you. I’ve stopped reading threads on this forum because if it’s not about Colombians it’s about micro analyzing if Remco chews his bars correctly

Hmm, maybe it was a little bit my point. I don't know, it seems to bug me a little less than you as I could understand why he was talked about there. There was just not much reason to read too much into it.

Congrats to Martin. Incredible performance by him. He was pushing the whole San Valentino and Sega di Ala, had only 1.5 minutes before the last brutal climb and managed to win it. I didn't give him a chance but he did it. I really think he was the strongest guy in the race today.

Surprising weak moment by Bernal and Martinez helped him there. Almeida and Yates put time on him but the Colombian still sits comfortably in the lead. The problem is bigger if it's a back issue. Sega di Ala is surely one of most difficult MTF ever used - few GT climbs have 10 km+ section of 10%.

Still think there's a 0% chance Bernal loses this. Not with this team at his back. Any long range effort is completely doomed. It's also not like Bernal got dropped by 15 guys today.

I don't think the chance is high, but it's definitely not zero. In the last few years I have seen too many riders in the Giro or Tour being dropped like a stone very early in third week stages all of a sudden. Moreover, a strong team does not really help if you blow up.

TRENDING THREADS