• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia Stage 3: Biella - Canale 190 KM

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
This is a hilly stage. In theory, a lots of sprinters can be dropped here. I'm pretty sure Groenewegen, Viviani, perhaps even Merlier and Ewan can be dropped here. But there is a GC stage tomorrow so I don't know how committed the teams are. Punchy stage hunters should give it a shot.

Reactions: Sandisfan
This is a hilly stage. In theory, a lots of sprinters can be dropped here. I'm pretty sure Groenewegen, Viviani, perhaps even Merlier and Ewan can be dropped here. But there is a GC stage tomorrow so I don't know how committed the teams are. Punchy stage hunters should give it a shot.
Poggio Ewan laughs at those hills. Will Poggio Ewan be there tomorrow, though?.

Anyway, this is a sprint stage profile I like to see. With some ups and downs. Give the attackers a chance and make the sprinters and their teams work.

So you are predicting a pure bunch sprint with no fast guys getting dropped? Except perhaps the worst climbers like Groenewegen.
I think I see it similar as you see it. A reduced bunch sprint, with some pure sprinters being dropped. But I wouldn't rule out the late attackers. I just wanted to point out, that if Ewan is as strong on the climbs as he was in M-S, it's going to be hard to drop him.

In other words, tomorrow is a stage for Sagan. :)

TRENDING THREADS