• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia, Stage 6: Grotte di Frasassi – Ascoli Piceno (S.Giacomo) 160 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

When will RedheadDane figure out how to make a poll?

• Before stage 5

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Before the end of the Giro

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Before the end of the year

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Never

Votes: 29 47.5%

• Total voters
the final climb kinda sucks,44km downhill into not steep enough climb for anyone to attack up untill it starts going over 7%, looks like ineos controlled day if bernal feels well

if the downhill wasnt so long i would fancy Mohoric with Landa trying to escape before that 3rd cat
It's too early for those kind of moves. Even if the penultimate climb had a 10 km descent leading right into the final one I still wouldn't see gc attacks happening there. The risky moves will at best start on the Montalcino stage.

I don't trust any of the other GC riders to attack tomorrow.
I would expect Yates to go from about 6km out if he is feeling good.

It’s an open question as to who will take the initiative to set the race up as Bahrain would have been the main candidate but won’t now, Ineos are down a major cog with Sivakov nursing injuries. Vlasov is the leader in waiting if they come in without time differences so Astana will be looked at by other teams to impose themselves on the proceedings.

Landa won't attack, Sivakov won't lead the Ineos train and Dombrowski will not win from the break :(
I don't want to be mean, but is Sivatkov a bad bike handler? At the TOTA his descending was almost Zakarin levels of bad. He also seems to crash rather often.
Apparently tomorrow there's a 50% chance of thunderstorms during the final hour of the race.
Yesterday Carthy had a puncture with 10km to go, came back and made the front group. I expect him to try something tomorrow (Bettiol is in great form) and Ciccone will probably be on the attack once again (you can clearly see that he used to race on the same team as Pirazzi)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
Breakway possibilities

* Mollema, Mader, Champenision
** Jørgensen, Guerrero, Ulissi, Gallopin Valls, Reicnhenbach, Carr
**Frankiny, Aellioti.

Betting possibilities, that are probably worth taking a chance on.
Badillati 251/1
Sepuvuelda, 351/1
Tejada 251/1
Frankiny 200/1
Warbasse 200/1

I am betting a bit on Valls as well at 151/1. Bahrain are gonna go for the stage. Mader is probably a good bet as well.

I would expect Yates to go from about 6km out if he is feeling good.

It’s an open question as to who will take the initiative to set the race up as Bahrain would have been the main candidate but won’t now, Ineos are down a major cog with Sivakov nursing injuries. Vlasov is the leader in waiting if they come in without time differences so Astana will be looked at by other teams to impose themselves on the proceedings.

Ya, Bahrain are the team I'd have expected to take it up here. Ineos will likely ride as that's what they do but doubt they'll go with a high pace. Maybe QS if Remco feels good might try something as this climb should suit him.

Breakway possibilities

* Mollema, Mader, Champenision
** Jørgensen, Guerrero, Ulissi, Gallopin Valls, Reicnhenbach, Carr
**Frankiny, Aellioti.

I assume you mean Jorgenson.

Cepeda for the stage win.

Cepeda is a good bet, if the Gonchar/Popovych fusion, Ponomar, isn't up for it.
Vanhoucke was also surprisingly bad yesterday, so he will probably also try to get into the break.

Reactions: RedheadDane

TRENDING THREADS