• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia, Stage 6: Grotte di Frasassi – Ascoli Piceno (S.Giacomo) 160 km

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

When will RedheadDane figure out how to make a poll?

• Before stage 5

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Before the end of the Giro

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Before the end of the year

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Never

Votes: 29 47.5%

• Total voters
we won't see much of the stage since RCS hasn't figured out how to enter into the 20th century and bring reliable images in the rain
they are using the same method as everyone else, i.e. a relay plane. In most cases, when we have no pictures is because the plane is not allowed to take off, due to the risk of ice forming on the wings.
This problem in particular happens for obvious reasons more often in May than it does in July or September.
It is also possible that RAI's plane is worse than ASO's, or that airport regulations in Italy are stricter than in other places, I don't know.

Reactions: Hihope and sir fly
they are using the same method as everyone else, i.e. a relay plane. In most cases, when we have no pictures is because the plane is not allowed to take off, due to the risk of ice forming on the wings.
This problem in particular happens for obvious reasons more often in May than it does in July or September.
It is also possible that RAI's plane is worse than ASO's, or that airport regulations in Italy are stricter than in other places, I don't know.

Not sure the icing is the issue. If so, the Stelvio stage in 2014 would not have been shown, since it was snowing

Would love a second thunderstorm coming out of nowhere towards the end, Arcalis style.
59dufr.jpg

Reactions: Tim Cahill

TRENDING THREADS