• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia, Stage 7: Notaresco – Termoli 181 km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Click everything that could happen

• Pellaud in the break

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Tagliani in the break

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Someone from Bardiani in the break

Votes: 25 56.8%
  • Someone from Eolo in the break

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • Nizzolo to finish second

Votes: 30 68.2%
  • Someone to try and make a flyer on the ramp at the finish

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Whoever wins will not have won a stage before at this year's Giro

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • ... and will be of a different nationality of the rest as well

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • The winner will be decided by less than a bike length

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Someone will celebrate too early

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
I think these stages belong in a GT, though. The problem to me is really that they get broadcasted in full, which makes viewers think they have to watch because they could miss something.

I watch these kind of GT stages in full (when possible) only for the scenery. Same reason I watch Tour of Norway :D
There's also a turism logic in play, especially in Italy. The bathing season is about to begin around the places you're watching in this stage! (dont now what kind of agreement there's between organizers and cites in terms of advertising but usually RAI tv spends some time giving info about the background)

I watch these kind of GT stages in full (when possible) only for the scenery. Same reason I watch Tour of Norway :D
There's also a turism logic in play, especially in Italy. The bathing season is about to begin around the places you're watching in this stage! (dont now what kind of agreement there's between organizers and cites in terms of advertising but usually RAI tv spends some time giving info about the background)

Often I like the scenery as well... (I'm especially fond of green British hills with natural stone houses and Italian vineyards), but I hate when sports tv talk about food all the time like I'm watching a cheap cooking doc, and also their covering of the cultural highlights brings out the snobbish art historian in me. ;)
But judging by the comments they cite during the GTs many of the viewers want this. :anguished: Probably one of the best things about one day races...

So she's the one I thought she is after all...? o_O
Well, I'm not content with her. :mad: I'm sure she's a nice person. I'd invite her over for coffee. But I don't like her in my commentary.
I'm more struggling with Voigt, to be honest. His stories from the old days are fine, and it's also kinda funny when he comes up with some historical details he seems to remember having learned in school, but he really has no tactical understanding of cycling at all

I'm more struggling with Voigt, to be honest. His stories from the old days are fine, and it's also kinda funny when he comes up with some historical details he seems to remember having learned in school, but he really has no tactical understanding of cycling at all

That's true, it's not only tactics, also facts, he's only bearable in combination with Aldag. But together I like them quite well.

Reactions: search