• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia, Stage 8: Foggia – Guardia Sanframondi 170 km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
oliveiera didnt look like a great climber i remember in one of the previous styages where he was in the breakaway. I think in the dombrowski win stage, he was one of the first who got dropped.

He finished just behind Valter and that one didn't suit him. Honestly don't see Lafay, Carboni and Goosens as same calibre as Edet and Valter and this one suits him better. But could be wrong of course.

Reactions: Sandisfan
He finished just behind Valter and that one didn't suit him. Honestly don't see Lafay, Carboni and Goosens as same calibre as Edet and Valter and this one suits him better. But could be wrong of course.

Lafay did beat Oliveira on the queen stage in Valenciana, and even though the latter was working for Mas, I'm still not sure he could have made the final selection if he hadn't. To be fair, that was probably also the best climbing performance of Lafay's carrer so far. Goosens did very well in Romandie, so he shouldn't be discounted either.

Could young Attila have a chance at finishing top 10 on GC at the end? That would be quite a feat.
Possibly. Once he would really focus on it, and ride with that goal. There will also be guys (like Bennett, Almeida...) who will not bother for GC anymore. Landa and Sivakov are already out, maybe others will follow. But there are a lot of 2nd tier GC riders here, so he'll have to work for it. Bardet, Martin, Formolo, Soler... etc.

TRENDING THREADS