Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia, Stage 9: Castel di Sangro - Campo Felice (Rocca di Cambio) 158 km (Sunday May 16)

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will happen on stage 9?

  • Remco will take Pink

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • At least two of Pellaud, Tagliani, Cepeda and Ponomar will be in the break

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Bahrain Victorious

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Someone (most likely Dan Martin) will crash in the tunnel just before the sterrato climb

    Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Someone will suffer from back pain

    Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Mollema will be bullied again

    Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Ganna will lead the peloton for 100 km on his own

    Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Thomas De Gendt will avenge the death of Ewan's knee with Einer Rubio in his wheel

    Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Ciccone will attack like a madman

    Votes: 22 43.1%
  • Vino

    Votes: 12 23.5%

  • Total voters
    51
  • Poll closed .
Not sure why anyone expects Remco to be able to able to live with columbian, Tdf winning, climber in the high mountains.... Where's it coming from?

Is it just pure desire or is it actually based on anything?
We don't have a lot of info on either in fairness. Was Bernal that great when he won the TdF. Lots of questions left after Pinots DNF and the last 2 big stages becoming 2 halves.

I think Bernal is better in the mountains but could end up like Roglic if he keeps Puritoing it
 
Roglic and Pogacar must be glad Bernal is not riding the Tour this year in this form.
My guess is that neither of them would have a problem matching Bernal's wonderful kick today. In fact, I suspect Roglic would want a strong Ineos rider at the TdF, just to have someone other than TJV covering Pogacar's attacks. Bernal definitely looks stronger than what Thomas/Porte showed so far this season.
 
Reactions: topt and Carols
Why nobody's talking about Vlasov? The dude has been very consistent in the climbs and performed very well in the first TT. Plus we know he can go for the three weeks thanks to his good performance at the Vuelta.
Because 90% of the forum does not see anything beyond Remco and his fight against Bernal. The remaining 10% is thrilled on Ciccone taking the torch from Nibs. That is in nutshell the Giro for Cyclingnews forum so far.
 
Why nobody's talking about Vlasov? The dude has been very consistent in the climbs and performed very well in the first TT. Plus we know he can go for the three weeks thanks to his good performance at the Vuelta.
Vlasov is indeed doing well so far, but losing 10 mintues to an exhausted Roglic/Carapaz is not obviously something that warrants a mention (re vuelta). He had a good PN this year, though with a weak field, and no mountains.
 
Last edited:
According to the Giro profiles it is 13.1 Km @ 8.9%. That is harder than Alpe d'Huez. You don't think is hard enough?
It's the profile of the club though. It averages 8% for a good 9k, then has a 1km plus section of 4% before the last 3k go crazy. With it, I'm expecting a train from Ineos until that last 3k rather than someone attacking early/it blowing up early like on the Priola or Ovaro sides which start with far steeper sections.
 
Mar 17, 2015
1
0
3,510
Egan is returning to the big gear domination era at the start of his career. I remember his Tour of California win. The minute he shifted to the big chainring going up hill it was all over. Probably a 53-17 Amazing !
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY