• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia: Stage-by-Stage Analysis

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 13, 2021
Visit site
Hello cycling people,

Sending you documents in one place if it will be useful to you for easier covering the race in the next three weeks.

For future Grand Tours, if you want I put you on my list with cycling contacts in Gmail, we can exchange emails (just click me in inbox), so I can save you and before Grand Tours you will get documents like that in email which I usually send to my friends & people who follow UCI World Tour regularly.

Eshnar did a nice job also here with things like that.
Here is everything in PDF, so who loves that way you can use it also.

Have a nice day
Greetings from Zagreb

Giro d'Italia 2021
Official documents
Four PDF documents on link: Garibaldi, Road Book, Race Guide, Rules - Prize money
WeTransfer link for download:
https://we.tl/t-lGMMWjSyOz

Last edited:
Reactions: Lui98
Yeah... I think we've got it covered here. I mean... what could possibly be hiding under that download that could be better than what Eshnar's already been doing?
Seriously, I can't figure out whether you're spamming... or just being incredibly arrogant!

Last edited:
May 13, 2021
Visit site
Hello RedheadDane,

I dont see what is negative here, what I did wrong ? :)
Surprised with your reaction, why you are unnecessarily nervous.

I just put documents in one place for myself so I can easier following the race & want to share with people who follow UCI World Tour more serious because I think will be useful to them. It is just few minutes of work to post here so everyone can use it. I always send that to my friends and other people I know from cycling, send them on email, so why not to put also here for people who I dont know, but know here is the place where are people who follow cycling a lot.

Eshnar did also nice work with that, I saw it.
Who loves PDF style more, here it is also for use.

Have a nice day

It just seems a bit weird to go into a thread that is literally a detailed stage-by-stage analysis of the Giro, with something hidden under a download, and then talk about how it's beneficial for people who "follow Grand Tours more serious".
Like... you don't think the rest of us follow cycling - and not just Grand Tours, not just WorldTour racing - seriously? We got a whole thread dedicated to lesser known races!

For other races, races that don't have an Eshnar, what you're doing might be more useful.

May 13, 2021
Visit site
Hello RedheadDane,

I apologize you see it as negative like that & made some unnecessary negative atmosphere, think there is no reason for that.
I love this page & how people share informations, passion and knowledge.

Eshnar did a nice work here about that, even more detailed than me, great.
I did it my way for myself & say "ok, maybe would be useful to someone, I can share it", love to put things in PDF so I can easier use for myself, share and so on.

I think there is no reason for our communication more, we haven’t communicated anything smart and people don’t like this kind of pointless communication.
This is my last post about that.
Love positive people & good atmosphere.

Have a nice day

Hey Feki, I'm sure you meant very well :)
:shortcake:
I'm not really one to go into depth like that, but thank you for the offer.
(I suppose it's just always a bit difficult if people who are new in a forum offer downloads or e-mails. And when you do something Eshnar is worshipped for in this place, it's even more difficult.) ;)

Reactions: Carols
May 13, 2021
Visit site
Hello BlueRoads,

Tnx for reply & explanation to get some feeling.
Ok, I apologize to Eshnar & all others who feel "bad", really I didnt think nothing bad.
I didnt mean its so "serious tension atmosphere" here :)
Btw. - for info: if someone is scared - this is normal WeTransfer link with documents, nothing special, nothing dangerous :)

Best regards

Reactions: Lui98 and BlueRoads
The guy has also posted it on a Crotian website, so perhaps it is legit. I'm not going to click on it though, especially not now that I know it isn't as good as Eshnar's analysis anyway :p

But if you were to do the same for the Tour of Slovenia, although we have some Slovenian posters who might already be planning to do so, or some other races with less prestige, I think a lot of us would appreciate it :D
Or if you're fast enough, you'd also be welcome to create a race thread for Critérium du Dauphiné or Tour de Suisse for instance.

Hello cycling people,

Sending you documents in one place if it will be useful to you for easier covering the race in the next three weeks.

For future Grand Tours, if you want I put you on my list with cycling contacts in Gmail, we can exchange emails (just click me in inbox), so I can save you and before Grand Tours you will get documents like that in email which I usually send to my friends & people who follow UCI World Tour regularly.

Eshnar did a nice job also here with things like that.
Here is everything in PDF, so who loves that way you can use it also.

Have a nice day
Greetings from Zagreb

Giro d'Italia 2021
Official documents
Four PDF documents on link: Garibaldi, Road Book, Race Guide, Rules - Prize money
WeTransfer link for download:
https://we.tl/t-lGMMWjSyOz
Thank you very much. While the Garibaldi is freely available on the official website, it can in general often be quite difficult to find the rest of the official publications.

I don't get the hostile reactions here, but I think people here are more accustomed with downloading files from dropbox.

IIRC wetransfer does a scan of the files you send, so i don't think it's possible to send a virus.
I'm downloading it now. If i don't reply within 20 minutes, please avenge me.

EDIT: Scanned for virusses, clean.

Contents:
Garibaldi - Giro d'Italia 2021.pdf (55mb)
Race Guide - Giro d'Italia 2021 (Made by MK).pdf (2.5mb)
Road Book - Giro d'Italia 2021.pdf (15mb)
Rules & Prize money - Giro d'Italia 2021.pdf (0.6mb)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lui98 and Carols
IIRC wetransfer does a scan of the files you send, so i don't think it's possible to send a virus.
I'm downloading it now. If i don't reply within 20 minutes, please avenge me.

EDIT: Scanned for virusses, clean.

Contents:
Garibaldi - Giro d'Italia 2021.pdf (55mb)
Race Guide - Giro d'Italia 2021 (Made by MK).pdf (2.5mb)
Road Book - Giro d'Italia 2021.pdf (15mb)
Rules & Prize money - Giro d'Italia 2021.pdf (0.6mb)
Yep, only downside is the lower resolution of the Road Book. Harmless.

Bernal looks good. Evenepoel just barely managing to hold on. On the other hand he does not need to do anything other than hold on. He will improve as the stages roll on and the last ITT he can gain max 2 min on Bernal. For Bernal to win he has to drop Remco by 2 min to have an assured chance. Yates could be third. But there are unlikely to be any thermonuclear displays but possibly implosions

Last edited:
Just took a look at what remains. What a ridiculous route. Nothing but mountains and the queen stage with three above 2000m. Why they couldn’t have placed a 30 km rolling ITT in the second week to even things out a touch I have no idea. It would also have made things way more exciting with the pure climbers being forced to attack more to regain lost ground... and frankly it is so boring watching the same 4-5 riders at the top of each MTF over and over. Reminds me of that Vuelta bore in 2012 when u had 13 MTFs and it was the same four riders pretty much each time. That race is often too fondly remembered for the one stage raid by contador, while the rest was just repetition ad nauseam.

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rick
Don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but whatever. How real is the danger of stages 16 and 20 to get cancelled? The weather seems to be pretty bad and those stages go above 2000m. I'm a little worried
And this is why we don't have a 2nd ITT.

How balanced can an ITT be if you can't ride on dirt roads at all and need 2 ITTs to compensate a few unipuerto MTFs.

Don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but whatever. How real is the danger of stages 16 and 20 to get cancelled? The weather seems to be pretty bad and those stages go above 2000m. I'm a little worried
unless the riders strike, very low risk. It shouldn't snow much and the road is already clear, so worst case it should be like the Gavia or Stelvio in 2014

• Love
Reactions: Red Rick

TRENDING THREADS