• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2021 Giro Route Rumours

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
In the last days we've got various confirmations but no real new stuff. The only open questions about the route are stage 4 and 18, as well as the ITT question.

1 Torino ITT
2 Torino - Novara
3 Biella - Alba
4 ??? - ???
5 Piacenza - Sestola
6 Modena - Cattolica
7 Frasassi - Ascoli (Colle S.Marco)
8 Vasto - Foggia
9 Castel di Sangro - Campo Felice
REST
10 Foligno - Perugia ITT (or L'Aquila - Perugia)
11 Perugia - Montalcino
12 Siena - Bagno di Romagna
13 Ravenna - Verona
14 Cittadella - Zoncolan
15 Grado - Gorizia
16 Selice - Cortina
REST
17 Canazei - Sega di Ala
18 Rovereto? - Bergamo?
19 Busto Arsizio - Alpe di Mera
20 Verbania - Madesimo (Alpe Motta)
21 Milano ITT

Last edited:
Ok, according to Tuttobici the presentation will be on the 10th, one day before the Vuelta presentation.
Tomorrow the Tirreno-Adriatico route will be presented, the wildcards for all the RCS races wil be revealed on the next weekend.
Source: https://www.tuttobiciweb.it/article...reno-adriatico-wildcard-giro-italia-rcs-sport
worth to note that it just says the 10th is "the most probable date", which means it's not fixed. I just hope they're not as clueless as we are...

Usually they should know because of media accreditation for a potential presentation, but then I remembered that it's gonna be a virtual presentation...
Still, fingers crossed.

I saw this before I saw the post it replied to (and by extend the post that replied to), and actually - for a very brief moment! - thought it was the start date of the race you were referring to. Like; "It might start on May 10th, maybe it'll start on another date..."

The name of the poster is Froome, he says the route will be engineered to lure him in, you ask if he is Remco...
My genes are not that good, sorry. But I can run pretty fast...

Edit:
I was obviously being sarcastic, both times. The "joke" was that Froome doesn't really put fear into anybody with his ITT performance in 2021, I believe. Remco (a healthy Remco) on the other hand probably does.
Even if the poster's name is Froome. My name is johnymax, but I'm not johnymax. Yours is tobydawg, but you probably aren't tobydawg, I guess. Do I really have to explain those things?

P.S.
If your response is "Yes, my name is tobydawg", you win the internet :p

Last edited:
Also, the mayor of Ascoli confirmed the uphill finish in San Giacomo:
https://www.farodiroma.it/sopralluo...he-il-giro-ditalia-con-larrivo-a-san-giacomo/
From that side it's a nice first week MTF.
SanGiacomo4N.gif

My genes are not that good, sorry. But I can run pretty fast...

Edit:
I was obviously being sarcastic, both times. The "joke" was that Froome doesn't really put fear into anybody with his ITT performance in 2021, I believe. Remco (a healthy Remco) on the other hand probably does.
Even if the poster's name is Froome. My name is johnymax, but I'm not johnymax. Yours is tobydawg, but you probably aren't tobydawg, I guess. Do I really have to explain those things?

P.S.
If your response is "Yes, my name is tobydawg", you win the internet :p

His real name is tobydawq with a q, but we all make that mistake. :D:p

To be fair, the poster could still be "Froome", but not the Froome. More like a second-cousin-thrice-removed, or something like that.
Well, if that was the case, we would have probably heard about him by now. If he was a pro cyclist, good enough to participate in the Giro. So i'd exclude that option. Would you agree? ;)Maybe the poster is Rohan Dennis. That would make more sense:)

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS